Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess so
he or she has tons of EFC videos including the Bayern game in 1985 and other classic matches, player tributes to players such as Gray, Sharp, Southall, Sheedy, Dunc. hardly think they're some howard USMNTNTNTNTNTNTNT or whatever you all say fanboy

whole thread can be summed up by recency bias
82407396_mirallasburnleyap-620x620.jpg

Watch it again and honestly think to yourself, would the vast majority of Premier League keepers have made those saves?
The vast majority wouldn't have the reflexes to make many of those nor would they have been positioned the same. You're not giving credit for getting across his line quickly, getting out quickly to cut down the angles, getting up to make a double save rapidly.
0:47, 0:54, 0:57, 1:14 (most get rounded), 1:33, 1:44, 2:40, 4:34, 5:04,5:25 (unreal save), 5:38. None of these are standard.

The vast majority wouldn't have the reflexes to make many of those nor would they have been positioned the same. You're not giving credit for getting across his line quickly, getting out quickly to cut down the angles, getting up to make a double save rapidly.
0:47, 0:54, 0:57, 1:14 (most get rounded), 1:33, 1:44, 2:40, 4:34, 5:04,5:25 (unreal save), 5:38. None of these are standard.

I'd argue that most Prem keepers should save pretty much all of those. Except 5:25, the Oxlade-Chamberlain one. I'll give you that one, that's a top drawer save

I'll forgive him for throwing that City game at Goodison for us though
Haha, beaten at his near post by Aguero and a crap header by Dzeko.

Punching the ball into his own net against Chelsea was actually one of the worst things I've ever seen though. If Robles had done it Dougie and Joey would never forget it.

I'd argue that most Prem keepers should save pretty much all of those. Except 5:25, the Oxlade-Chamberlain one. I'll give you that one, that's a top drawer save
Watch De Gea's video from last season, and Howard made more impressive (quantity and quality) saves than he did.

Nonsense though, I'm sorry. De Gea saves United so many points. Also, I bet you couldn't make a 5-minute long compilation of De Gea's howlers like you could with Howard
No one is questioning who the better keeper is. But you saying the saves in that video are normal is incorrect. By your logic, the saves De Gea makes are also normal, which they aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back