Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Leicester home game makes me feel physically sick.
He is taking some unfair stick, on some stats, but I do agree he should have not even been in goal for that Leicester game unfairly recalled, his form has picked up recently , but I do feel Robles should have had a continued run in the team three clean sheets , and dropped was stupidity by RM!
I feel TH tenure should come to an end, and we should have had the chance to see if Robles was up to it, for next season!

Neuer just beaten at his near post from 18 out. The nerve of the man. That's him and Lloris in less than a week, but it should "Never happen."

He is taking some unfair stick, on some stats, but I do agree he should have not even been in goal for that Leicester game unfairly recalled, his form has picked up recently , but I do feel Robles should have had a continued run in the team three clean sheets , and dropped was stupidity by RM!
I feel TH tenure should come to an end, and we should have had the chance to see if Robles was up to it, for next season!

There is the rub Joey. When one would ask and it does not seem likely any time soon.

demba_ba_g_2342798b.jpg

This is where it started for me.

Neuer just beaten at his near post from 18 out. The nerve of the man. That's him and Lloris in less than a week, but it should "Never happen."

Remember that time Neuer threw the ball to the opposition striker twice in a game, or punched a free kick into his own net, or let a rubbish cross slip through his invisible hands? That was great wasn't it

"Keepers shouldn't be beat at the near post" is just another one of those stupid cliches that fans see repeated all time so repeat themselves without having a clue what it actually means.

When the ball is at a tight angle and close to the by line, yeah, you shouldn't leave a gap and get beat at the near post. But the ball is pretty much always gonna be kicked from closer to one post than the other but like Messi's first tonight, there is nothing wrong whatsoever with being beat from that angle, it wasn't bad keeping because it went in at the "near post".

And sometimes,l even if you get your angles right if the shot is good enough you'll get beat from a narrow angle.

Or to put it simply, Jamie Redknapp reckoned Neuer was beat at the near post. Which sums up how much you need to know about goalkeeping to even say it.

"Keepers shouldn't be beat at the near post" is just another one of those stupid cliches that fans see repeated all time so repeat themselves without having a clue what it actually means.

When the ball is at a tight angle and close to the by line, yeah, you shouldn't leave a gap and get beat at the near post. But the ball is pretty much always gonna be kicked from closer to one post than the other but like Messi's first tonight, there is nothing wrong whatsoever with being beat from that angle, it wasn't bad keeping because it went in at the "near post".

And sometimes,l even if you get your angles right if the shot is good enough you'll get beat from a narrow angle.

Or to put it simply, Jamie Redknapp reckoned Neuer was beat at the near post. Which sums up how much you need to know about goalkeeping to even say it.

Exactly my point. Kev scores at the near post on 1v1s all the time and gets praised for a great finish. Whenever T-How who should save some of them but not all gets beat near post, it's because he's [Poor language removed].

De Gea and Neuer in the last couple of pages. RESPECT.
Even the best make mistakes (and no, Tim is not anywhere close to the best). Just making a point that perfection doesn't exist in keepers. People claim Tim cost us 15 points and with another keeper, we'd be close to 4th as if another keeper would cost us no points. Silly analysis that.

Even the best make mistakes (and no, Tim is not anywhere close to the best). Just making a point that perfection doesn't exist in keepers. People claim Tim cost us 15 points and with another keeper, we'd be close to 4th as if another keeper would cost us no points. Silly analysis that.

Oh, agreed. But it wouldn't be a forum without gratuitous hyperbole to distract us from the fact that we don't know what we're talking about.

We wouldn't be close to 4th, but I'm pretty confident we'd be comfortably top 10 and possibly in with a shout of catching Southampton if we'd had a goalkeeper this season

We wouldn't be close to 4th, but I'm pretty confident we'd be comfortably top 10 and possibly in with a shout of catching Southampton if we'd had a goalkeeper this season

He's had a poor season. However in all fairness he's the reason we didn't loose vs Southampton at home. That aside he's had some woeful moments.

Based on his service and consistency over the past several years and yes, I might have my blue tinted glasses on here I'd have him as first choice for the beginning of next season...

Saying that I would still be in the market if the right option becomes available..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back