Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had a poor season. However in all fairness he's the reason we didn't loose vs Southampton at home. That aside he's had some woeful moments.

Based on his service and consistency over the pas several years and yes, I might have my blue tinted lass on here I'd have him as first choice for the beginning if next season...

Saying that I would still be in the market if the right option becomes available..

That entire middle paragraph just made me want to blow something up

demba_ba_g_2342798b.jpg

This is where it started for me.

Can we please ban this photo from ever being shown again.

Statistically the worst keeper in the league this season, cost us all sorts of points from hilariously incompetent play. Compared to De Gea and Neuer by some because he hails from the mighty US of A.

You're allowed to admit he's been complete and utter turd this season without Obama deporting you, I'm sure.

Statistically the worst keeper in the league this season, cost us all sorts of points from hilariously incompetent play. Compared to De Gea and Neuer by some because he hails from the mighty US of A.

You're allowed to admit he's been complete and utter turd this season without Obama deporting you, I'm sure.
you know pretty much all the people defending howard in this thread, americans included, have said he's been crap THIS season and it's probably time for him to move on. However that doesn't mean he's solely responsible for our poor season and every single goal that goes in. Plenty of the squad have had crap seasons hence the teams current situation. That's all people are trying to say. Once again people on here don't pay attention to context, the post made about De Gea and Neuer was about conceding near post goals, not their overall ability. @Dithering Dougie has posted more in here than anyone and he's not even american (I think). I've posted similar thoughts in the Martinez thread and he's not american is he?

you know pretty much all the people defending howard in this thread, americans included, have said he's been crap THIS season and it's probably time for him to move on. However that doesn't mean he's solely responsible for our poor season and every single goal that goes in. Plenty of the squad have had crap seasons hence the teams current situation. That's all people are trying to say. Once again people on here don't pay attention to context, the post made about De Gea and Neuer was about conceding near post goals, not their overall ability. @Dithering Dougie has posted more in here than anyone and he's not even american (I think). I've posted similar thoughts in the Martinez thread and he's not american is he?

It's obviously not just his fault, because they have all disappointed us in their own special ways, but his season has been indefensible. If the crux of the posting was "yeah he's been terrible and is finished, one of the worst of a horrible bunch" then this thread would have stayed quiet, but it hasn't, has it? It's been all "See! Crosses are had to catch! Positioning is overrated! Keepers don't need to be able to keep the ball in the stadium with their distribution! Everyone drops balls directly at the feet of opposition strikers!"

If we could all just quietly agree he's been laughably bad for all but a handful of games, we can end the debate and move on to dealing with ISIS. Because we do need America's help with that, they have the bigger guns.

He's been largely ok since christmas, tbh.

Leicester was crap, but other that that he's been fine.

Still should go this summer, but I honestly expected bringing him back into the team to backfire a lot more than it did.

It's obviously not just his fault, because they have all disappointed us in their own special ways, but his season has been indefensible. If the crux of the posting was "yeah he's been terrible and is finished, one of the worst of a horrible bunch" then this thread would have stayed quiet, but it hasn't, has it? It's been all "See! Crosses are had to catch! Positioning is overrated! Keepers don't need to be able to keep the ball in the stadium with their distribution! Everyone drops balls directly at the feet of opposition strikers!"

If we could all just quietly agree he's been laughably bad for all but a handful of games, we can end the debate and move on to dealing with ISIS. Because we do need America's help with that, they have the bigger guns.
and as always it's brought back to nationality which is irrelevant. sound argument

and as always it's brought back to nationality which is irrelevant. sound argument

Okay, let's take nationality out of it. The people defending him in the manner I described are wrong, regardless of what country they are from and any emotional attachment they therefore have with the player.

Okay, let's take nationality out of it. The people defending him in the manner I described are wrong, regardless of what country they are from and any emotional attachment they therefore have with the player.
both of your initial posts brought nationality into the argument needlessly which is pretty ironic considering anyone in this thread defending him is a USMNTNTNT murican fanboy while no one defending him brings up nationality. And it has nothing to do with him being american or having an emotional attachment. I defend Martinez and other players on here and I'm not Spanish, Beligian, etc. As long as players are with the club I try to support them. I've said he's had a bad season this year, however he's not the sole reason we're in 11th and not 4th. Can't think of a single player who has had a CL worthy season. But it makes it easier on people if they can think "if only we had a different keeper we'd be ace". the same line of thinking goes on in the Martinez thread, piling all the blame on one target allows you to ignore all the other issues surrounding the team

both of your initial posts brought nationality into the argument needlessly which is pretty ironic considering anyone in this thread defending him is a USMNTNTNT murican fanboy while no one defending him brings up nationality. And it has nothing to do with him being american or having an emotional attachment. I defend Martinez and other players on here and I'm not Spanish, Beligian, etc. As long as players are with the club I try to support them. I've said he's had a bad season this year, however he's not the sole reason we're in 11th and not 4th. Can't think of a single player who has had a CL worthy season. But it makes it easier on people if they can think "if only we had a different keeper we'd be ace". the same line of thinking goes on in the Martinez thread, piling all the blame on one target allows you to ignore all the other issues surrounding the team

If we had a better goalkeeper, we'd probably be, at worst, eighth.

Of the list of our poorest individuals this season - Howard, Barry, Distin, Coleman, Alcaraz, as well as Martinez - he's probably directly cost us the most points. Martinez shoulders much of the blame for not sticking with Robles when his form was good, but the manager can't help the sort of performances that Howard produced against Leicester.

He's not the only culprit, but in my view, he has had the most tangible influence on negative results.

If we had a better goalkeeper, we'd probably be, at worst, eighth.

Of the list of our poorest individuals this season - Howard, Barry, Distin, Coleman, Alcaraz, as well as Martinez - he's probably directly cost us the most points. Martinez shoulders much of the blame for not sticking with Robles when his form was good, but the manager can't help the sort of performances that Howard produced against Leicester.

He's not the only culprit, but in my view, he has had the most tangible influence on negative results.

I honestly think that if Martinez hadn't dropped Joel (and I thought he shouldn't have done) we wouldn't have more points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back