Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
and you thought his effort to keep out Lampard's goal was good enough reason. Ok mate.

My question was about glorious days out. Losing in the FA Cup final is not a glorious day out mate.

No, it takes more than one error in a cup final for me to form that opinion, as I've already illustrated in earlier posts.

We can agree on something. Losing that cup final wasn't a glorious day out...thanks to Howard.

No, it takes more than one error in a cup final for me to form that opinion, as I've already illustrated in earlier posts.

We can agree on something. Losing that cup final wasn't a glorious day out...thanks to Howard.

What a memory you clearly don't have...

Not the fact that we were dogshite after Saha's goal. Not the fact that we were well and truly beaten by the better team. Not the fact that Hibbert was ripped to shreds on the right by Malouda time after time after time and we played with 10 men for the first 45. Not the fact that Malouda's effort had actually crossed the goal line and it should of been at least 3-1. Not the fact that it probably should of been 4 or even 5-1 truth be told. We were utterly out played in that final after we went a goal up and deserved nothing.

The only point you're proving here is that its easy to blame a goalkeeper for a defeat like this, yet in reality we lost that cup final because we were utter pants going forward. Did i mention playing with 10 men.

What a memory you clearly don't have...

Not the fact that we were dogshite after Saha's goal. Not the fact that we were well and truly beaten by the better team. Not the fact that Hibbert was ripped to shreds on the right by Malouda time after time after time and we played with 10 men for the first 45. Not the fact that Malouda's effort had actually crossed the goal line and it should of been at least 3-1. Not the fact that it probably should of been 4 or even 5-1 truth be told. We were utterly out played in that final after we went a goal up and deserved nothing.

The only point you're proving here is that its easy to blame a goalkeeper for a defeat like this, yet in reality we lost that cup final because we were utter pants going forward. Did i mention playing with 10 men.

I agree with all that. My comment "thanks to Howard" at the end of my last post was a bit of a wind up, I suppose. You keep focusing on the cup final, when I've already said my opinion of Howard is based on his performance over the whole nine seasons he's been with us.

You rate Howard. I don't. Never have, never will. End of.

No offence intended. Have a good week-end and let's hope the Blues win tomorrow. If Howard plays a blinder I'll be happy to praise him for once.

I agree with all that. My comment "thanks to Howard" at the end of my last post was a bit of a wind up, I suppose. You keep focusing on the cup final, when I've already said my opinion of Howard is based on his performance over the whole nine seasons he's been with us.

You rate Howard. I don't. Never have, never will. End of.

No offence intended. Have a good week-end and let's hope the Blues win tomorrow. If Howard plays a blinder I'll be happy to praise him for once.
Fair play. You too.

No offence taken at all. Its all in good fun.

I no and I have renewd my three season tickets now oh well at least you can laugh at the clown in goal.

You have my sympathies.

To try and get a positive on it, In August he will have to be on top top best ever form (unlikely!) or there will be so much pressure to drop him. So he will either be awesome or simply have to be dropped.

Maybe even gone to MLS by Jan and we have a shiney new keeper in January too.

That's about as positive as I can make it!

No saves... LOL.

6m for a backup keeper though?! Everton FC ?! LOL

Howard has had a lackluster season, like everybody else, including our manager who only on this very forum, the majority wanted him gone. How quickly the majority forgot about the season before, when the same manager had us playing the best football I've seen for 25 + years... 25 years !

I can understand it to a degree but it's clueless fickle footy knowledge. The same is happening with Tim. Only the fickle fan allows the bad to cloud the good and then to judge him entirely on it. Howard has been awful, can't deny that but so has Coleman, Jagielka for half a season, Alcaraz, Baines has really only huffed and puffed and that's most of your back four playing in front of him. Not to mention Distin.

It's of no surprise that when our best defender stepped in did our back four start to look organized and steady somewhat, which keepers need. He has made individual errors, can't deny that either as its there for all to see but so has everybody else in the team.

He's left a bad taste in my mouth this season but I'm not willing to turn my back on him on the basis of one bad season, a season in which you cringe at naming your player of the season. That's how badly it's been if we're honest. They've all been bad on a whole.

We don't need to spend our very limited resources on finding a new keeper just yet. Unless it's a freebie, the money we do have simply has to be spent in the positions we desperately need. He needs quality too which is why we cannot waste a penny in a position we are OK in, a position that is a want rather than a need.

Right back, center back, striker and a creative midfielder are paramount for this club once the window opens. Howard is a good solid keeper ( as he has proven to us) and like Martinez and a few others, will prove the critics wrong next season.
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back