Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
2009 FA Cup final and Howard's feeble attempt to save Lampard's winner!

The Howard apologists are saying that he's just having a bad season, but I've never rated him. It's not just the obvious errors. How many times have we conceded goals from headers on the edge of the 6 yard box because Howard was rooted to his line?

Such a shame you can only remember his ' feeble ' attempts. You honestly look back in time to 2009 and this is your first memory ? Yet only a couple of weeks before this final he made the saves in the shootout to get us to Wembley in the first place. You're a good example of the fickle fan who on the back of bad season all around, will look back on years gone by to pull a player on ' feeble ' attempts and mistakes.... mistakes that all players make.

Such a shame you can only remember his ' feeble ' attempts. You honestly look back in time to 2009 and this is your first memory ? Yet only a couple of weeks before this final he made the saves in the shootout to get us to Wembley in the first place. You're a good example of the fickle fan who on the back of bad season all around, will look back on years gone by to pull a player on ' feeble ' attempts and mistakes.... mistakes that all players make.
Superfan alert

Not really Eric mate. You've only shown how super fickle you can be. I know which way i'd rather be...

But as mentioned, you're one of the biggest WUM's on the forum. Anyone who has more than 12 months on GOT will know to not really take you serious.
People aren't happy with a goalkeeper that's cost us a lot of points this season. It's barely fickle.

they were pretty crap penalties, it must be said.

People aren't happy with a goalkeeper that's cost us a lot of points this season. It's barely fickle.
Its fickle in the fact that you've forgotten how good a keeper he is based on a poor season. A poor season that everyone associated with the Everton first team has had. Whoever is voted the player of the season i guarantee you will look upon the highlights of this season and think ' Wow this fella was our player of the year ' Christ.

Eric, its a poor season for all. To judge and write a player off based on that is fickle, given what has come before this.

Its fickle in the fact that you've forgotten how good a keeper he is based on a poor season. A poor season that everyone associated with the Everton first team has had. Whoever is voted the player of the season i guarantee you will look upon the highlights of this season and think ' Wow this fella was our player of the year ' Christ.

Eric, its a poor season for all. To judge and write a player off based on that is fickle, given what has come before this.
Absolute BS. Your judged on the present, and at present hes not good enough, not arsed if he was good a year or 5 years ago im worried about what hes like now and what he might be like next season. If hes the same again next year its going to be an utter disaster

Absolute BS. Your judged on the present, and at present hes not good enough, not arsed if he was good a year or 5 years ago im worried about what hes like now and what he might be like next season. If hes the same again next year its going to be an utter disaster
So we are judging all players based on the present are we ?

Lukaku needs binning off
Coleman pack your bags lad
Barry, do one mate
Ross why are you still here ? Shall i go on...

Based on your logic here

So we are judging all players based on the present are we ?

Lukaku needs binning off
Coleman pack your bags lad
Barry, do one mate
Ross why are you still here ? Shall i go on...

Based on your logic here
None of them have been remotely or consistenly as bad as howard has

He used to good for us, even if he liked to drop a clanger every so often but he's not anymore. He's 36 it's not like he's going to improve so we should be binning him off asap.

None of them have been remotely or consistenly as bad as howard has
Are you sure about that ? and remember we are basing this solely on your logic.

Apart from his EL goals and maybe a couple of good games at the beginning of 2015, Lukaku has had a dire season in all honesty. Extremely poor. You only need to flick through the pages in his thread from August last year and see the comments.

Coleman has been equally poor both at defending and going forward for the entire season. Not long ago there was numberous comments that he looked every bit a 60k player.

Barry...... well you know

I'm sure you'll agree that Barkley just hasn't got going at all. Has done zip and we don't even know what his best position is. He himself probably doesn't even know. Seems to have lost the ability we saw last year, including his understanding with Lukaku.

Now are these players bad players all of a sudden because according to you we only look at the present ? At present they're bang average. No of course not. We have quality players here at Everton; a bad season all around.

Are you sure about that ? and remember we are basing this solely on your logic.

Apart from his EL goals and maybe a couple of good games at the beginning of 2015, Lukaku has had a dire season in all honesty. Extremely poor. You only need to flick through the pages in his thread from August last year and see the comments.

Coleman has been equally poor both at defending and going forward for the entire season. Not long ago there was numberous comments that he looked every bit a 60k player.

Barry...... well you know

I'm sure you'll agree that Barkley just hasn't got going at all. Has done zip and we don't even know what his best position is. He himself probably doesn't even know. Seems to have lost the ability we saw last year, including his understanding with Lukaku.

Now are these players bad players all of a sudden because according to you we only look at the present ? At present they're bang average. No of course not. We have quality players here at Everton; a bad season all around.
With Howard its not just performances but the sheer amount of points hes cost us this season. Common sense tells you at his age hes not going to reclaim any sort of level as before

On the others
Roms only 21 and has still scored 19 goals. And hes not been gash all season, hes had some extremely good games
Coleman has been one of if not the best RB for a few seasons, been bordering average this season but still better than anyone we can go and get.
Barry, think everyone has been saying the same as they have about howard with him all season.
Barkley once again, his age and only his 2nd full season at this level so he can be forgiven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back