Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas, Distin, Naismith, Barkley, Osman off the top of head have all been dropped by Martinez.

He hasn't been here longer but I'm sure he dropped our most expensive signing at one point too. Such a weak personality that he doesn't think twice about playing multiple players in the same team on a regular basis who are 19 and 20 years. He goes and sticks by 'if they're good enough, they're old enough'.

I wouldn't call that weak but that's just my opinion
I think he's one of the weakest managers in the premier league when it comes to dropping players.

He wont drop players he will rest them when he's played them non stop for weeks and weeks. That isn't dropping them.

How about how he's dealt with an under performing Distin? You see the difference in having alternative option in defence, someone who can challenge for his place. He's not got that in the goalkeeping position so you're stuck with Howard even when he's not playing well.

It's nothing to do with Martinez being weak, he choose badly last season but like you say all managers do from time to time. This summer he's got a choice of shipping Robles out and bring and alternative to Howard in or giving Howard the nod and saying same again.
Distin chose his own fate by arguing with him behind the scenes and being a bit of a bellend. That's why he isn't in and around the team, stones is far better yeah everyone knows that. But distin ruled him self out of the fold ages ago due to behind the scenes.

He was playing him still when everyone else knew he was finished.

He is the only goalkeeper in English football to let Ricky van Wolfswinkel score against him
Going back in time again I see.

OK we can all do this...

In the last 20 years ( after winning our last pot) we've only had a few glorious days out. Which memory probably stands out for you ?

Thankfully the majority of fans have woken up to how useless this clown is and openly hate him, only yanks and dougie try to defend him anymore

I mean that van Wolfswinkel goal was only last season, not going back too far in time there are we?
The Kalinic one? Oh my god, I wish that one was on Youtube, that is an absolute gem

Remember that Norwich game when he dived backwards into his own goal to concede a last minute equaliser from Bassong?

Then there was that time he clattered Kuyt for a penalty at Anfield when we were leading 2-1

Remember when we were 1-0 up at Anfield in the 2009 FA Cup game and he let a crap Gerrard shot go straight through him?

It's been regular in the last few pages of going back in time to remember errors. And I didn't quote your clips you put up from 2011 and 2009 etc....

It's been regular in the last few pages of going back in time to remember errors. And I didn't quote your clips you put up from 2011 and 2009 etc....
Well someone did try to say he hasnt been crap for years, thats just proving hes always made howlers

Going back in time again I see.

OK we can all do this...

In the last 20 years ( after winning our last pot) we've only had a few glorious days out. Which memory probably stands out for you ?

2009 FA Cup final and Howard's feeble attempt to save Lampard's winner!

The Howard apologists are saying that he's just having a bad season, but I've never rated him. It's not just the obvious errors. How many times have we conceded goals from headers on the edge of the 6 yard box because Howard was rooted to his line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back