Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is the reason Howard's comfortable and Robles sits on his bum week in week out regardless of Howards form.
No the reason for that is our Manager is too weak of a personality to drop someone who has been at the club for longer than he has, that's the truth of it.

Howard is a sub-par keeper. Robles is better.

I can't wait for Howard to definitely prove us all wrong next season and magically roll the clock back 6 years to become a competent keeper again

Must have been awful to sleep through last season Mike, you missed some great games and lovely football with Howard playing well in every game.

Probably the best season we've had for about 20 years. Shame for you maybe you should get the DVD you'd love it.

Played well in every game last season. Apart from Chelsea away when he punched a free kick into his own net. Or City at home when he fell on his arse and let Aguero beat him at the near post. Or Liverpool away when he ran 40 yards out of his goal to get lobbed by Sturridge

No the reason for that is our Manager is too weak of a personality to drop someone who has been at the club for longer than he has, that's the truth of it.

Mirallas, Distin, Naismith, Barkley, Osman off the top of head have all been dropped by Martinez.

He hasn't been here longer but I'm sure he dropped our most expensive signing at one point too. Such a weak personality that he doesn't think twice about playing multiple players in the same team on a regular basis who are 19 and 20 years. He goes and sticks by 'if they're good enough, they're old enough'.

I wouldn't call that weak but that's just my opinion

Must have been awful to sleep through last season Mike, you missed some great games and lovely football with Howard playing well in every game.

Probably the best season we've had for about 20 years. Shame for you maybe you should get the DVD you'd love it.
Went to every game last season... he did not play well in every game at all.

Infact it was maybe a above average season for his standards but even then he wasn't that great.

Fact is anyone with half a brain has known he's been one of our weakest points for years and unfortunately for him he's got even worse, especially this season.

Many pros, ex pros, and managers talk about a player just 'going' they could have been at the top of their game a few months earlier, but suddenly it just goes.

That's what has happened to Howard, he only had one good thing to start with and that was shot stopping... and as this season proves that's all but gone.

In simple terms.

Howards good attributes:

Shot stopping (sometimes)

His bad ones?:

Doesn't come off his line to catch, he'll only do it if no one is around.

He's even slower than he was a few years ago, mentally and physically.

His communication has always been awful, there is no change.

his positioning for shots tend to be pretty awful.

sure you may be able to pick some incidents where he does the opposite of what i say, and in some isolated incidents sure he'll look good.

But on the whole, and over the course of the years he's been nothing but bang average.

Also towards the people who are saying 'BUT 'EES ARR TOP CLEAN SHEETS IN PREM KED'

He has played nearly 400 games for us, and has a easy ride. If he wasn't our top clean sheets just due to how many games he's played i don't think he'd be in pro football.

Played well in every game last season. Apart from Chelsea away when he punched a free kick into his own net. Or City at home when he fell on his arse and let Aguero beat him at the near post. Or Liverpool away when he ran 40 yards out of his goal to get lobbed by Sturridge
That Chelsea mistake was actually one of the worst things I've ever seen. In injury time to lose us the game as well. It was way worse than anything Robles has ever done who is supposedly 'not good enough'.

How about how he's dealt with an under performing Distin? You see the difference in having alternative option in defence, someone who can challenge for his place. He's not got that in the goalkeeping position so you're stuck with Howard even when he's not playing well.

It's nothing to do with Martinez being weak, he choose badly last season but like you say all managers do from time to time. This summer he's got a choice of shipping Robles out and bring and alternative to Howard in or giving Howard the nod and saying same again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back