Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Howard its not just performances but the sheer amount of points hes cost us this season. Common sense tells you at his age hes not going to reclaim any sort of level as before

On the others
Roms only 21 and has still scored 19 goals. And hes not been gash all season, hes had some extremely good games
Coleman has been one of if not the best RB for a few seasons, been bordering average this season but still better than anyone we can go and get.
Barry, think everyone has been saying the same as they have about howard with him all season.
Barkley once again, his age and only his 2nd full season at this level so he can be forgiven

I thought we weren't talking about what was 'before'. Only the present matter you said. At present they're bang average. Lets just agree that your logic on this isn't accurate and you don't judge a player and write a player off based on a poor season. Because if we were to actually follow your logic, the whole Everton first team would need binning.

We have a quality team, Howard included and you don't just judge a player based on the present. Thats BS

On the plus side, having a goalkeeper who is a sitting duck from long range does make things a bit more exciting.

I thought we weren't talking about what was 'before'. Only the present matter you said. At present they're bang average. Lets just agree that your logic on this isn't accurate and you don't judge a player and write a player off based on a poor season. Because if we were to actually follow your logic, the whole Everton first team would need binning.

We have a quality team, Howard included and you don't just judge a player based on the present. Thats BS

Hoisted by his own pertard. Let's get rid of them all @sageyefc

Present and future, them players will all undoubtedly improve in the future

Howard won't, not going to bash him and say hes been [Poor language removed] for years because hes been steady for us for many seasons, could be better could be worse. But this season we can all agree on hes been atrocious, but sense says hes not going to become anything approaching acceptable over the summer months and suddenly become a top keeper, god help us if hes as bad as hes been this season

It's important to remember this isn't a one off bad season. He's been crap since about 2010
LOL

Yet was part of the our backbone that was instrumental of having the 3rd best defence last season on our biggest points haul for 30 years, most wins in a 38 game season, fewest goals conceded. He has also set an Everton premier league record of 17 clean sheets in a single season, breaking Southalls record. He only conceded 99 goals in his first 100 games for the club. No other Everton keeper conceded fewer than him when playing 100 games. He is in the premier league top 10 for keepers keeping a clean sheet (125 in 360 games). As a comparison Schmeichel had 129 in 320.

Yep crap.

People aren't happy with a goalkeeper that's cost us a lot of points this season. It's barely fickle.
No one is denying he has been crap this season. I'm far from happy myself Eric. Terrible season and i can't wait for the summer to come around. Im not fickle enough to start giving him a dogs life, ripping him a new one at every opportunity and every error because i know he is a good goalkeeper. He is 36 and yes we do need to look for a replacement soon, absolutely we do. Just not yet.

LOL

Yet was part of the our backbone that was instrumental of having the 3rd best defence last season on our biggest points haul for 30 years, most wins in a 38 game season, fewest goals conceded. He has also set an Everton premier league record of 17 clean sheets in a single season, breaking Southalls record. He only conceded 99 goals in his first 100 games for the club. No other Everton keeper conceded fewer than him when playing 100 games. He is in the premier league top 10 for keepers keeping a clean sheet (125 in 360 games). As a comparison Schmeichel had 129 in 320.

Yep crap.

He doesn't make many saves and makes a lot of howlers

Also his first 100 appearances came in his first 3 seasons. I'm saying he has been crap since 2010

Yep, dreadful

Such a shame you can only remember his ' feeble ' attempts. You honestly look back in time to 2009 and this is your first memory ? Yet only a couple of weeks before this final he made the saves in the shootout to get us to Wembley in the first place. You're a good example of the fickle fan who on the back of bad season all around, will look back on years gone by to pull a player on ' feeble ' attempts and mistakes.... mistakes that all players make.

You should either read people's posts properly or look up what fickle means. I said in my post I've never rated Howard. He's been with us for nine seasons, so me saying I've never rated him can hardly be called fickle!

You should either read people's posts properly or look up what fickle means. I said in my post I've never rated Howard. He's been with us for nine seasons, so me saying I've never rated him can hardly be called fickle!
..... I think you should read and understand posts as the part you bolded clearly says that ' you're an example ' of a fickle fan. The example being that you can go back 6 years to 2009 and remember a feeble effort in the cup final, yet only a couple of weeks before the cup final, he made the saves in the semi-final shootout against Man Utd that gave us one of our best days out for 15 years (at that point). Its fickle and your example proves that.

..... I think you should read and understand posts as the part you bolded clearly says that ' you're an example ' of a fickle fan. The example being that you can go back 6 years to 2009 and remember a feeble effort in the cup final, yet only a couple of weeks before the cup final, he made the saves in the semi-final shootout against Man Utd that gave us one of our best days out for 15 years (at that point). Its fickle and your example proves that.

You asked the question what was the highlight of our last 20 years, so in the context of this thread, I picked out our one and only cup final over that time, or the closest we got to winning a trophy.

Definition of the word fickle: likely to change your opinion or your feelings suddenly and without a good reason.

Like I said, I've never rated him. I've no problem with you disagreeing with me, but at least talk sense.

You asked the question what was the highlight of our last 20 years, so in the context of this thread, I picked out our one and only cup final over that time, or the closest we got to winning a trophy.

Definition of the word fickle: likely to change your opinion or your feelings suddenly and without a good reason.

Like I said, I've never rated him. I've no problem with you disagreeing with me, but at least talk sense.
and you thought his effort to keep out Lampard's goal was good enough reason. Ok mate.

My question was about glorious days out. Losing in the FA Cup final is not a glorious day out mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back