Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh right, so your target next season is 38 points after 38 0-0 draws? Or are we going to push thé boat out and maybe nick à few 1-0's every now and then when our other useless players bother to do their job?! "Oh we havent had a shot all game, dam you Tim Howard"!
Utter tosh analogy are you taking the P@ss? a clean sheet gives you a chance in a game TH does not!

Michael had a good game versus Man. City but he was never going to be a regular player for Everton, but you like
Howard and okay, but if he is in goal for Everton next season we will struggle in my opinion, anyway we'll see.
I dont disagree with any of this. I dont want Howard to be our number one keeper anymore then any of you do. Im just saying that imo hes head and sholders better then Robles and if you want to get someone better in then your going to have spend the bulk of our tranfer cash which i bealieve would be better spent elsewere.

The truth was and is TH is rubbish on crosses he does not command his box he looks so scared when an opponent comes in on him he shuts his eyes - He falls on his backside before anyone shoots, TH positioning is awful he stands mostly on his six yard box inviting long shots, he also palms the ball out to attackers e.g. Leicester at home - Robles should have played till he deserved to be dropped or we may have been saying now a great success of the season as we do not have to look for a new no 1 Keeper just a no 2 sending old TH off to the MLS!
All of the things you say against Howard i could easily attribute to Robles. The diffrance is i bealieve Howard can play better then he has like hes done in the past. You argue Robles should play based on a few okish games. Like vs West Brom were he didnt have to do anything! I bealieve the manger knows better then either of us as he sees thé lads train all the time. Ill say it again if you want somthing better then Howard then we'll have to buy someone else and thats out budget alredy gone if you want anyone good.

Last edited:
Utter tosh analogy are you taking the P@ss? a clean sheet gives you a chance in a game TH does not!
It is not tosh at all, you have to score to win games and if you dont thé best your going to get is 0-0. If we were scoreing three or four and conceading thé same every match, id blame the keeper as much as anyone but we dont. The diffrance between a striker and a goalkeepr is thé keeper only has to make one mistake after playing well for 90mins and all of a sudden its all his fault weve lot. Nothing to do with thé donkeys upfront who missed chance after chance. There has been only one game this season that was ALL Howards fault, Leicester.

It is not tosh at all, you have to score to win games and if you dont thé best your going to get is 0-0. If we were scoring three or four and conceading thé same every match, id blame the keeper as much as anyone but we dont. The diffrance between a striker and a goalkeeper is thé keeper only has to make one mistake after playing well for 90mins and all of a sudden its all his fault weve lot. Nothing to do with thé donkeys upfront who missed chance after chance. There has been only one game this season that was ALL Howards fault, Leicester.
Under DM fans used to moan when we kept winning 1-0 no chance now proves TH is well past his sell by date oh I forgot somebody at the club has extended him a lucrative contract till the age of 39!
Maybe he will have to stop wearing super glue off the bottom of his boots as on crosses, as he is glued to his line if I have noticed our fullbacks when in a dangerous position with the ball out on the wing they look up to expect TH to be available to pass it back too no he is stood with his finger in a naughty place not giving a dam - his positioning is pathetic -SAF would have never sold him to us if he was any good look at the players he has sent us - TH - Gibson { good but crocked} Phillip Neville the pointer - I see a theme here can't you!
TH was always a good shot stopper when younger this has now started to leave him as he ages!
Look RM has made other bad decisions on players but your Goalkeeper has to be competent in all areas of his game

Under DM fans used to moan when we kept winning 1-0 no chance now proves TH is well past his sell by date oh I forgot somebody at the club has extended him a lucrative contract till the age of 39!
Maybe he will have to stop wearing super glue off the bottom of his boots as on crosses, as he is glued to his line if I have noticed our fullbacks when in a dangerous position with the ball out on the wing they look up to expect TH to be available to pass it back too no he is stood with his finger in a naughty place not giving a dam - his positioning is pathetic -SAF would have never sold him to us if he was any good look at the players he has sent us - TH - Gibson { good but crocked} Phillip Neville the pointer - I see a theme here can't you!
TH was always a good shot stopper when younger this has now started to leave him as he ages!
Look RM has made other bad decisions on players but your Goalkeeper has to be competent in all areas of his game
Couple of things to say here. Firstly Tim Howard has been a great player for us, if you want to argue that one poor season detracts from seven other good seasons then i dont know what to say frankly. He was an excellent buy and a bargin at only about £3mil. AF (i refuse to call him sir!) Let him go because he wasnt good enough to play in a title winning team, well unfortnally until we get invesement our whole club isnt at that level either. Hes been worth everything we payed and more. How much do you think bringing in a top class keeper would cost eh?! Your living in a fantasy land if you think Robles is thé answer. Why do you think thé manger picks Howard over Robles? Is it nasty old Roberto trying to hold Robles back (which would be strange since hes been all for younger players sinces hes been here) or could it possibly be that the manger who sees him train every day doesnt think thé lad is good enough?

Last edited:
Maybe he will have to stop wearing super glue off the bottom of his boots as on crosses, as he is glued to his line

You are right he is increasingly sticking to his line.

Did'nt DM say that if as a player you come into the team then the position is yours till you make mistakes. I thought Robles was growing into the job with each game. And then he gets dropped for a bloke who cost us 6-9 points.

Cast your mind back to the Palace home game. Criminal. I thought he must have been on the take a la Grobelaar.

Couple of things to say here. Firstly Tim Howard has been a great player for us, if you want to argue that one poor season detracts from seven other good seasons then i dont know what to say frankly. He was an excellent buy and a bargin at only about £3mil. AF (i refuse to call him sir!) Let him go because he wasnt good enough to play in a title winning team, well unfortnally until we get invesement our whole club isnt at that level either. Hes been worth everything we payed and more. How much do you think bringing in a top class keeper would cost eh?! Your living in a fantasy land if you think Robles is thé answer. Why do you think thé manger picks Howard over Robles? Is it nasty old Roberto trying to hold Robles back (which would be strange since hes been all for younger players sinces hes been here) or could it possibly be that the manger who sees him train every day doesnt think thé lad is good enough?
Never a great Goal Keeper just a good Keeper, now needs replacing!
In my lifetime as a blue I have seen three great world class Goal Keepers - Gordon West /- the best ever was Neville Southall - Nigel Martin - we have had worse keepers than TH - but even over those three we have had better also!

are you 7 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back