Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
So were judging players just based on last season then? Nothing before this last season matters? Its not possible that they could improve after a good pre season?

At his age, and his previous blunders over the years, it's unlikely (although I hope it so). You do you like to keep moving the goalposts so to speak don't you? lol

Read above.

It's funny how certain posters all run to his defence the moment this thread is bumped, and I'm not even a Howard "hater".
Im not sure how stating facts is running to anyones defense. Just calling you on your bad information. Sorry if that upsets you. Feel free to look back if you want my take on howard this season.

Im not sure how stating facts is running to anyones defense. Just calling you on your bad information. Sorry if that upsets you. Feel free to look back if you want my take on howard this season.

No no it's okay, I wouldn't deliberately post false info, it was posted earlier a wee while back and should have checked it myself. I understand you feel similar to me.

Oh come on mate, he was improving yes, but its not like he could of got any worse was it! people are always ready to rip into Howard and its not thé first time someone played a few good games while Howard was out, rember Jan Mucha? Well Howard came back a better player then and i see no reason why with a good Pre-season he cant do it again.
Michael had a good game versus Man. City but he was never going to be a regular player for Everton, but you like
Howard and okay, but if he is in goal for Everton next season we will struggle in my opinion, anyway we'll see.

Oh right, so your target next season is 38 points after 38 0-0 draws? Or are we going to push thé boat out and maybe nick à few 1-0's every now and then when our other useless players bother to do their job?! "Oh we havent had a shot all game, dam you Tim Howard"!
The truth was and is TH is rubbish on crosses he does not command his box he looks so scared when an opponent comes in on him he shuts his eyes - He falls on his backside before anyone shoots, TH positioning is awful he stands mostly on his six yard box inviting long shots, he also palms the ball out to attackers e.g. Leicester at home - Robles should have played till he deserved to be dropped or we may have been saying now a great success of the season as we do not have to look for a new no 1 Keeper just a no 2 sending old TH off to the MLS!

You're just so angry about defending one player instead of supporting the club, I don't know how to respond. Lukaku is better up front than Howard is in goal, it's quite measurable too.

Every game starts at 0-0. Be nice to finish more games like that than lose because of another howler from Howard. That's the difference too, they're massive howlers, Lukaku isn't missing from 2 yards out every game, he's missing chances, but not howlers.
Utter rubbish Lukarku scored nine prem goals in a poor team kept us up TH did his best to send us down!

didnt try to defend it, Rom had 2 one on one's (arguably 3) and we win, so it wasnt

but we don't like to tell the truth in this thread do we
Oh so you cannot answer that nightmare performance by TH so basicly blame another EFC player pathetic!
TH cost us a lot of points last season imo he is over the hill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back