Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah man. Best keeper ever. In the whole game of association football history.

I think this invalidates anything you say in the future and erases anything you've said in the last about goalkeepers to be honest.

Probably be best to ask for a thread ban yourself to save future embarrassment maybe?

Just press the report button and hand yourself in.

He made about 10 mistakes that led directly to goals last season. I've listed them in here before so can't be bothered doing it again. He cost us about 14/15 points by himself. I doubt there were any keepers in the league worse than that.
He should have been dropped like Barry exempt from this fate!

begovic was just as gash next year and would still cost 10m

Personally didn't think Begovic had a terrible season, definitely below his standards... but not terrible.

Anyway, Howard is only leaving if he wants to. This is all predicated on their being truth behind the stories of his family moving back to the U.S (which could be rubbish). If he does go, I would like to see Robles getting a chance but we're still going to need to spend some money on a goal keeper. A club competing where we should be needs to have a senior international standard goalkeeper in the same vein as Tim Howard.

Personally didn't think Begovic had a terrible season, definitely below his standards... but not terrible.

Anyway, Howard is only leaving if he wants to. This is all predicated on their being truth behind the stories of his family moving back to the U.S (which could be rubbish). If he does go, I would like to see Robles getting a chance but we're still going to need to spend some money on a goal keeper. A club competing where we should be needs to have a senior international standard goalkeeper in the same vein as Tim Howard.
his kids and ex wife are already back in the states, he gets permission from Martinez to go visit them during international breaks since he took a hiatus from the national team to spend time with his family. could see him wanting to join MLS just to be nearer his kids. agree we'll have to spend money on a keeper but think we have more pressing needs this window and can get by with Tim and/or Robles for one more year. we need a 3rd CB and a creative player (attacking midfielder or a winger like pienaar )much more than a keeper

his kids and ex wife are already back in the states, he gets permission from Martinez to go visit them during international breaks since he took a hiatus from the national team to spend time with his family. could see him wanting to join MLS just to be nearer his kids. agree we'll have to spend money on a keeper but think we have more pressing needs this window and can get by with Tim and/or Robles for one more year. we need a 3rd CB and a creative player (attacking midfielder or a winger like pienaar )much more than a keeper

I agree with you mate, again I'm only saying this as an 'if Howard decides he wants to go'.
As far as I'm concerned, if Tim wants to stay then we don't need a keeper this summer (next season will be a different matter). That said, Martinez has to be willing to bench him if he is under-performing.

I agree with you mate, again I'm only saying this as an 'if Howard decides he wants to go'.
As far as I'm concerned, if Tim wants to stay then we don't need a keeper this summer (next season will be a different matter). That said, Martinez has to be willing to bench him if he is under-performing.
Bench it is then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back