Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Everton were to sell Tim what sort of fee are we likely to get?
Not very much i don't think considering his age. Maybe a few mil if an MLS team wants to brin him home but I think seattle only paid 6m for Dempsey who is younger and was close to his peak at the time

Green was one of the highlights of QPR's season according to their fans...

They must be joking!

Project Babb, April 2015;
In the last seven Premier league matches since our rankings were last compiled, Green has;
conceded more goals than any of his counterparts (14),
made more errors leading to goals (3) and
saved only 60% of the shots he’s faced.
Unsurprisingly, his distribution accuracy (59%) isn’t too much to write home about either.

One of his errors was the careless clearance against Chelsea that gave them an 88th minute goal and a 1-0 win.

They must be joking!

In the last seven Premier league matches since our rankings were last compiled, Green has;
Unsurprisingly, his distribution accuracy (59%) isn’t too much to write home about either.

One of his errors was the careless clearance against Chelsea that gave them an 88th minute goal and a 1-0 win.

Still much rather him than Howard.

Goalkeepers don't just drop off a cliff like out field players, so I'm more than prepared to accept another season from him. But like I said, a younger competent backup would make me feel better going into the next season.
Doug when one young Keeper came in and kept three clean sheets why was he dropped? - If Robles had stayed in , and the flopped as a Keeper then I would agree with you!
TH form on return was woeful picked up a wee bit, Keeping goal till your 40ish you have to be a class Keeper where as TH a good servant he has been is not of that class to carry on to that age imo!

Last edited:

They must be joking!

You're obviously the type to blindly hold allegiance to Howard so I don't even see the point of tackling this.

Can anyone honestly challenge my opinion that there wasn't a single 1st choice goalkeeper worse than Howard in the Premier League last season?

I think the only potential challenger from what I saw was Begovic, and we all know he was just doing a season long Lescott.

You're obviously the type to blindly hold allegiance to Howard so I don't even see the point of tackling this.

Not at all! I think your answer reveals more about your views than mine.

I was as surprised as anyone when he returned in place of Robles. But he played well after his return.

Lots of keepers went through bad patches last season, and several were dropped. I just don't agree that Howard was worse than them all.

Lots of keepers went through bad patches last season, and several were dropped. I just don't agree that Howard was worse than them all.

He made about 10 mistakes that led directly to goals last season. I've listed them in here before so can't be bothered doing it again. He cost us about 14/15 points by himself. I doubt there were any keepers in the league worse than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back