Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone honestly challenge my opinion that there wasn't a single 1st choice goalkeeper worse than Howard in the Premier League last season?

I think the only potential challenger from what I saw was Begovic, and we all know he was just doing a season long Lescott.

Can anyone honestly challenge my opinion that there wasn't a single 1st choice goalkeeper worse than Howard in the Premier League last season?

I think the only potential challenger from what I saw was Begovic, and we all know he was just doing a season long Lescott.

But mate, he did that save against Southampton, you know the one that he made look amazing because he'd got himself into a ridiculous position to begin with?

Out of what you'd traditonally call our 'rivals' Szcesney and Mignolet both lost their comfy postions to their understudies at one point, so I'd say maybe them.

Beyond that there's Begovic likes already been mentioned and probably Guzan.

It was a poor season for Howard over all but we all know he's capable of so much more, bringing in a talented young challenger this summer would be great if we've got enough reddies but i doubt we do.

Out of what you'd traditonally call our 'rivals' Szcesney and Mignolet both lost their comfy postions to their understudies at one point, so I'd say maybe them.

It was a poor season for Howard over all but we all know he's capable of so much more, bringing in a talented young challenger this summer would be great if we've got enough reddies but i doubt we do.

Has it occurred to you that, at the age of 36, he's probably completely finished and never going to recapture the form of his late 20s/early 30s?

Probably not the right forum to be saying this on but...I think Mignolet deserves a lot of credit for turning things around in 2015. I seldom give the RS and anyone associated to the RS credit, but I think it's deserved here.

Probably not the right forum to be saying this on but...I think Mignolet deserves a lot of credit for turning things around in 2015. I seldom give the RS and anyone associated to the RS credit, but I think it's deserved here.

His performance against Stoke on the last day was one of the most hilarious non-Tim Howard things I've ever seen on a football pitch

His performance against Stoke on the last day was one of the most hilarious non-Tim Howard things I've ever seen on a football pitch

Haha, that performance aside, he generally had a strong 2015. Hopefully he goes through the motions again next season, like. It'd be funny to see Bogdan start for them.

WHO CARES IF THEY GET EVERTON IF THEY CAN STOP FOOTBALLS GOING IN THE NET

I care mate a GK who gets the club will always perform and lay their bodies on the line for the shirt. Tim gets the club but his head has been turned by fame and women since the Word Cup imo, players like Robles and Heaton will never amount to anything here as they don't know what it means to be goalkeeper for Everton FC, someone of sound pedigree like Begovic would give his all to the cause with the added quality he brings.

I care mate a GK who gets the club will always perform and lay their bodies on the line for the shirt. Tim gets the club but his head has been turned by fame and women since the Word Cup imo, players like Robles and Heaton will never amount to anything here as they don't know what it means to be goalkeeper for Everton FC, someone of sound pedigree like Begovic would give his all to the cause with the added quality he brings.

That is all nonsense. How do you know Begovic would "get" Everton and Heaton wouldn't?

Yeah after being thrown under the bus publically by his manager and then their media mongrels he's done well to turn his form round. He doesn't convince me as a top keeper but then none of their player do at the moment with the exception of maybe Coutinho who's got a big season ahead.

Mingolet is maybe the only time Rodgers has publically cast adrift a player openly and it's actually improved them.

The same Joel who was in tears after the shoot out loss, obviously he doesnt give a fuq.

Begovic the fella who's been expecting to move for several years to a bigger club but they don't want him, whys he suddenly going to be mr everton .

Begovic has got his heart set on a "big shot" move to a Champions League club. He wouldn't entertain the thought of coming to us. In fact, he'd likely see it as a sideways move as to the likes of him we're just another mid-table club like Stoke.

I'm going to be honest here, I think the criticism Howard got last season was harsh. He made mistakes but quite a few people would like to blame him for everything.

But, we need to replace him. He is only going to get worse, father time will make see to that.

Robles is not the answer, I seriously think he won some competition to go in goal for us.

I only saw him a few times but he is the same age as Robles and that was Neto but he has signed on a free for Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back