Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be honest here, I think the criticism Howard got last season was harsh. He made mistakes but quite a few people would like to blame him for everything.

But, we need to replace him. He is only going to get worse, father time will make see to that.

Robles is not the answer, I seriously think he won some competition to go in goal for us.

I only saw him a few times but he is the same age as Robles and that was Neto but he has signed on a free for Juve.

yeah it was called the FA Cup

Can anyone honestly challenge my opinion that there wasn't a single 1st choice goalkeeper worse than Howard in the Premier League last season?

I think the only potential challenger from what I saw was Begovic, and we all know he was just doing a season long Lescott.

....I think it is difficult to compare because we watch Howard week in week out for 90mins, warts and all whereas others we see only on telly. I think Howard's standards slipped last season but he has been a fine servant. I wouldn't be overly concerned if he remains no1 next season but if we are in for somebody new then that would be fine.

Can anyone honestly challenge my opinion that there wasn't a single 1st choice goalkeeper worse than Howard in the Premier League last season?

I think the only potential challenger from what I saw was Begovic, and we all know he was just doing a season long Lescott.

There was Green at QPR too.

And Adrian at West Ham, though he did score a penalty.

He's had a very busy season! But would you really want Green here?

It's not a case or whether or not I'd want him here, haha. I'm just saying that even he managed a better season than Howard and his team were relegated.

But to answer your question, yes, I would prefer Green over Howard o_O

There are several keepers who lost their places last season, so I'm afraid that I don't share your view.

But at least you have been consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back