Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's done an average job but it's time to move on or retire
That's a fair assessment. I was just talking about last night not this season has a whole. The only goal he could've done much about last night was coming out to claim their second.

Look TH was released by Unt and was always a shot stopper at his best - now he is 36 yrs old - only great keepers we have ever had can perform consistently imo at that age - Like Big Nev, Nigel Martyn, Gordon west barring injury Ted Sager was before my time , and a different era - TH is not in their bracket as a world class keeper - The contract till the age of 39 years old is a complete joke as is other older players in the squad = money assets being wasted , and BK the silence is deafening again he only comes out to interview when we are doing well!
We have to get rid of deadwood or we will lose our better younger players last night was humiliating imo!
RM has to take the blame on team selection and picking Names , and not the form players!

Where's Dougie? Its not the same on here.
Stood on a council football field somewhere on the six yard box with a tape measure trying to judge the massive holes TH leaves an opposition player to shoot at a big target then coming back with all the dimensions to try and convince us all that TH is the best keeper in the world!lol
Also trying to see if the goal line has treacle or glue on it as TH will not leave it for crosses!lol

@Joey66 it's obvious you're taking a keen interest in Howard, maybe this will help a little about how and why he positions himself in certain situations. Football and goalkeeping has come on a long way since the days of Westey and Sagars, even since Big Nev and Martyn. TH has so much more responsibility and needs full concentration at all times, this little video explains bits and pieces and may give you a bit more insight mate. I hope you find it useful.

@Joey66 it's obvious you're taking a keen interest in Howard, maybe this will help a little about how and why he positions himself in certain situations. Football and goalkeeping has come on a long way since the days of Westey and Sagars, even since Big Nev and Martyn. TH has so much more responsibility and needs full concentration at all times, this little video explains bits and pieces and may give you a bit more insight mate. I hope you find it useful.

If what Howard is doing is "right", I dread to know what wrong looks like...

stevie-wonder-o.gif

Its a bit too long to watch but what extra responsibilities do goalies have now compared to the past. No 1 top responsibility is to do your job and make saves, haven't goalies always had to do that.

Its a bit too long to watch but what extra responsibilities do goalies have now compared to the past. No 1 top responsibility is to do your job and make saves, haven't goalies always had to do that.

They aren't allowed to pick it up from back passes putting more pressure on themselves and the defence compared to when most of the keepers Joey mentioned play. It's a vital role organising the defence and starting counter attacks when it's possible.

But you're right it's not a quick guide so best enjoy it at your leisure over the weekend maybe.

They aren't allowed to pick it up from back passes putting more pressure on themselves and the defence compared to when most of the keepers Joey mentioned play. It's a vital role organising the defence and starting counter attacks when it's possible.

But you're right it's not a quick guide to best enjoy it at your leisure over the weekend maybe.

Only difference is the pass back rule doesn't really make for extra responsibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back