Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robles needs to be in for the next game
2nd goal Howard could have come and claimed it
4th goal sat on his ar*e
What's that weird bouncy [Poor language removed] he does before setting himself, hes in the air then hes coming down then setting himself

So you expect him to save "spectacular worldly shots" seems you setting the bar very high here, you're bound to feel let down Joey.

You also give him an excuse by admitting the defence hide his view, you're after the impossible.
Dougie there is a big difference in coming off your line to narrow an on coming attacker , But TH positions himself to far off his line when the opposing team are 25-30 yards are attacking our defence in this case he leaves the opportunity for any player with a decent shot to see a massive gap in both top corners - sometimes the shots can sail over the bar unfortunately last night they were thunderbolts - my argument is he should position himself so he may be ready to dive for the shot, ie even if the ball is misfit or deflected he has no time to react as he is inviting a big target
I observe him closely now since his unfair return , and sometimes he is stood outside his six yard box - Yet on crosses he is glued to his line - TH has lost the basics of goalkeeping -his outburst in the press since his return has done him no favours either!
I have stated that he was not completely at fault for the defeat last night , but it worries me that other teams have him sussed out indeed we have a keeper who is suspect on bad positioning, and is scared stiff of a floated cross!

Anyone blaming Howard for anything last night has a clear agenda against him!

I get it...people want him dropped and Robles in. I'll let u into a little secret tho....Robles is pants aswell! You'll all be fuming at him after a prolonged run.
That may be so, but it's even more condemning if a keeper keeps three clean sheets you don't drop him - you give him a chance RM has done this with other players too - he should pick form players,not ageing name players!

Dougie there is a big difference in coming off your line to narrow an on coming attacker , But TH positions himself to far off his line when the opposing team are 25-30 yards are attacking our defence in this case he leaves the opportunity for any player with a decent shot to see a massive gap in both top corners - sometimes the shots can sail over the bar unfortunately last night they were thunderbolts - my argument is he should position himself so he may be ready to dive for the shot, ie even if the ball is misfit or deflected he has no time to react as he is inviting a big target
I observe him closely now since his unfair return , and sometimes he is stood outside his six yard box - Yet on crosses he is glued to his line - TH has lost the basics of goalkeeping -his outburst in the press since his return has done him no favours either!
I have stated that he was not completely at fault for the defeat last night , but it worries me that other teams have him sussed out indeed we have a keeper who is suspect on bad positioning, and is scared stiff of a floated cross!

Right Joey in your opinion when an the opposition have the the ball 25-30 yards out from goal in a fair central area and the two centre backs are in postion and so's the defensive midfielder screening, where would you like Howard to stand? How close or far from his line would you like to see him?

Right Joey in your opinion when an the opposition have the the ball 25-30 yards out from goal in a fair central area and the two centre backs are in postion and so's the defensive midfielder screening, where would you like Howard to stand? How close or far from his line would you like to see him?
At the correct distance a couple of yards off his line ready to spring like a cougar, to attempt to save a long range effort, not watch it sail over his head into the net without making any attempt to dive for the ball, or fall on his A@se!
I am afraid Dougie those are his traits, and teams our finding the out, he made some good saves last night, as he was on his six yard box from a player who was shooting from a closer range, but unfortunately he keeps the more a less same position in all attacks, and his positioning on a floated cross or a straight lump into our box he is static- teams are watching this last night if we had been played off the park with fine passing football the grudgingly I accept it - Our defence was so disorganised, and imo TH not at blame for it completely, but his disorganisation on positioning reflected on our poor defensive performance - QPR will use the same tactics on Sunday, and let's see how TH , and our defence perform, as they were a shambles, virtually the same defence who kept three clean sheets with Robles in goal!

He was not to blame in any way, shape or form for any of their goals last night. The only possible one was when Alcaraz decided heading a ball that's been in flight for 5 seconds was simply too much to ask for a defender to do - even then, it's unreasonable to expect him to come out and clatter his own defender, risking a spill in the box, when it should be dealt with all day long by Alcaraz.

Lots to criticise Howard about this season - last night wasn't an occasion to do so.

Thanks for the years of service Tim, now empty your locker and head back over the pond lad.

Martinez has got to give Robles the remainder of the season to try and show that he's worth his place. I'm not a fan, but the lad did well once he settled into the side and was gaining confidence by the week. He's earned his right to stake a claim. The season's as good as dead, so why not?

Thanks for the years of service Tim, now empty your locker and head back over the pond lad.

Martinez has got to give Robles the remainder of the season to try and show that he's worth his place. I'm not a fan, but the lad did well once he settled into the side and was gaining confidence by the week. He's earned his right to stake a claim. The season's as good as dead, so why not?
That's my point if and a keeper is confident to keep the correct position, it is he who organises the defence, and the confidence from the keeper spreads to the rest of the team - Robles did this for thee games coming off his line making a few good saves he bred confidence, look there are better keepers than Robles, but he is our 2 nd choice keeper who was from the same pedigree of Spanish football as Degea who had a torrid time when first joining UNT now one of the best , because he was given a run in the team - TH is 36 going on 60 he is finished as a keeper imo!

At the correct distance a couple of yards off his line ready to spring like a cougar, to attempt to save a long range effort, not watch it sail over his head into the net without making any attempt to dive for the ball, or fall on his A@se!
I am afraid Dougie those are his traits, and teams our finding the out, he made some good saves last night, as he was on his six yard box from a player who was shooting from a closer range, but unfortunately he keeps the more a less same position in all attacks, and his positioning on a floated cross or a straight lump into our box he is static- teams are watching this last night if we had been played off the park with fine passing football the grudgingly I accept it - Our defence was so disorganised, and imo TH not at blame for it completely, but his disorganisation on positioning reflected on our poor defensive performance - QPR will use the same tactics on Sunday, and let's see how TH , and our defence perform, as they were a shambles, virtually the same defence who kept three clean sheets with Robles in goal!

So when the balls 25-30 yards out you think he should make the distance between himself and the player as big as possible? Make him smaller in the goal and giving the opposition player more goal to shoot at?

Well it's not textbook keeping Joey but if he's got the "spring of a cougar" and can grow the arms of an orangutan it might just work. Failing that we could sell tickets and make it a freakshow?

There's absolutely no way Martinez is going to drop Howard and play Robles again this season
Pressed post.by mistake
I hope Martinez is given another season
But if Howard is still in goal and some of his favourites still around
Then he doesn't deserve to manage our club
And I think it will end nasty

The facts speak for themselves,Robles has to come in,Howard is just not good enough,I would think more of Martinez if he admits this,though I fear nothing will happen.

I've not rated him for 5yrs and I'm not going over old ground

But makes me laugh as how on the long shots that went in he's 8yards?? Of his line
But when a cross comes into our box he's rooted to his line

We will never win anything with that clown in goal
I am not saying Howard isn't a problem. I am saying he was not the major problem last night, or indeed in past months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back