Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when the balls 25-30 yards out you think he should make the distance between himself and the player as big as possible? Make him smaller in the goal and giving the opposition player more goal to shoot at?

Well it's not textbook keeping Joey but if he's got the "spring of a cougar" and can grow the arms of an orangutan it might just work. Failing that we could sell tickets and make it a freakshow?
Dougie for goodness sake common sense tells you if you are too far off your goal line the gap behind you to the goal nets is wider to hit - he does not even dive they sail past him ok he may not to be able to stop some but he will not stop any where TH positions himself well off his line also he is so much out of position his view is blocked as the wall of players in front of him if you can not reason to common sense and defend a keeper since returning is abysmal with almost the same defenders Robles coped with easily - by the way Robles first game was the Derby game he commanded his box well v a team who are unbeaten in 2015!
As for him diving like a cougar my point was a dive would have been nice - standing out of position watching the ball go by is a joke only if he could dive like a cougar it's my point unless the ball is not in his vicinity is reflexes are so poor now, falling on his A@se is sometimes his plan?

Robles played in two hard games out of three game away v Crystal Palace who were unbeaten under Pardew You had the cheek to criticise a keeper who kept a clean sheet! - I would hate to think what would haven happened if TH had played in those games in this form - like it or not TH is a liability till he regains some sort of form in the basics of goalkeeping not shop stopping stood on his six yard box or beyond or stuck like glue on his line from any floated cross!

Last edited:
Remember on here when Chris Woods used to get slaughtered for not improving Tim Howard.

Maybe he was brilliant!!

For years he got by on being solid if unspectacular - wouldn't win you a game, but didn't make hilarious errors either. His head has gone now, though.

It's finally time for him to be moved on, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Worst footwork of any goalkeeper I've ever seen.

Dougie for goodness sake common sense tells you if you are too far off your goal line the gap behind you to the goal nets is wider to hit - he does not even dive they sail past him ok he may not to be able to stop some but he will not stop any where TH positions himself well off his line also he is so much out of position his view is blocked as the wall of players in front of him if you can not reason to common sense and defend a keeper since returning is abysmal with almost the same defenders Robles coped with easily - by the way Robles first game was the Derby game he commanded his box well v a team who are unbeaten in 2015!
As for him diving like a cougar my point was a dive would have been nice - standing out of position watching the ball go by is a joke only if he could dive like a cougar it's my point unless the ball is not in his vicinity is reflexes are so poor now, falling on his A@se is sometimes his plan?

Robles played in two hard games out of three game away v Crystal Palace who were unbeaten under Pardew You had the cheek to criticise a keeper who kept a clean sheet! - I would hate to think what would haven happened if TH had played in those games in this form - like it or not TH is a liability till he regains some sort of form in the basics of goalkeeping not shop stopping stood on his six yard box or beyond or stuck like glue on his line from any floated cross!

Well said Joey.

"falling on his A@se is sometimes his plan?" I have noticed this and he does it far to often then looks up like not his fault.

He was not to blame in any way, shape or form for any of their goals last night. The only possible one was when Alcaraz decided heading a ball that's been in flight for 5 seconds was simply too much to ask for a defender to do - even then, it's unreasonable to expect him to come out and clatter his own defender, risking a spill in the box, when it should be dealt with all day long by Alcaraz.

Lots to criticise Howard about this season - last night wasn't an occasion to do so.
Second goal was squarely on his shoulders Tubey.... That ball hung in the air long enough for their keeper to have come and claimed it.... Not decisive enough at all.

Robles needs to be in for the next game
2nd goal Howard could have come and claimed it
4th goal sat on his ar*e
What's that weird bouncy [Poor language removed] he does before setting himself, hes in the air then hes coming down then setting himself
the 4th goal he dove for the first time shot that seamus ended up blocking which is why he was "sat on his a**" when they scored.

Don't bother joey, he's an obvious wum who has never played a game higher than pub team level

For years he got by on being solid if unspectacular - wouldn't win you a game, but didn't make hilarious errors either. His head has gone now, though.

It's finally time for him to be moved on, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Worst footwork of any goalkeeper I've ever seen.

fair assessment. I've said it a few times that Tim's never had great positioning but due to his athleticism helping him recover from being out of position he was able to play reasonably well. However now that he's older he can't get away with being out of position because the athleticism isnt there anymore. His management of crosses has always been an issue , if I recall correctly I think part of the gameplan for us in the WC was to limit crosses which helped him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back