Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, Howard may not be having a great season but in God's name can he be confident in what is going on around him.

"I don't need to come, Anton's got that!"

He must be trying to second guess what is going to happen next with the keystone cops around him. I don't think his confidence is shot. I think his confidence in the back four is shot. And quite rightly so.

We should be playing a stick of rhubarb instead of the Birdman.

Look, Howard may not be having a great season but in God's name can he be confident in what is going on around him.

He must be trying to second guess what is going to happen next with the keystone cops around him. I don't think his confidence is shot. I think his confidence in the back four is shot. And quite rightly so.

See you have a point but you can also say he doesn't help the defence out as much as he should causing unnecessary panic.
We need a dominant keeper

The evidence suggests differently don't you think ?

No not really. He had a few good games in that last spell. Before that any spell in the team he was shocking!!

Howard makes some very good saves which are blatantly ignored on here because he's a scapegoat in a bad season. That's not to say he hasn't had brain farts...coz oh boy he has! But so has the whole team!

Basically we have problems all over the pitch in all areas from what have been very good players who are all coincedently playing below par.

What do they all have in common?? A bloody Clown setting them up and directing them.

I've not rated him for 5yrs and I'm not going over old ground

But makes me laugh as how on the long shots that went in he's 8yards?? Of his line
But when a cross comes into our box he's rooted to his line

We will never win anything with that clown in goal

Basically we have problems all over the pitch in all areas from what have been very good players who are all coincedently playing below par.

What do they all have in common?? A bloody Clown setting them up and directing them.

Few tweaks here and there like getting rid of the brain dead players and bringing quick thinking players in then its all sorted ;)

Stones and Jags next season but I think we have to sort our full backs out. Good attackers but not good defenders. Both of them are tosh at heading. Think we need to go back to more defensive full backs
Think we need a powerful 6"4 defender who's a leader and faze jags out

Problem with the fullbacks is as they go forward together
And McCarthy and Barry split to cover them
It leaves a huge hole through the centre of our team

Most teams full back attack separately
One sits and one goes forward

So there is always 3 defenders back and you can just play one holding midfielder in front of them

Not sure Martinez will change though

Not leaving a wide show of his left or right top corner any spectacular worldly shot gives him no chance to dive even a mis hit shot in that direction he is in no mans land!
If he was on his toes ready to leap further back he may get the chance to tip it over the bar or around the post with his positioning no chance!
He does this with a defence in front of him hiding his view even more - I have watched him his six box line that's where he stands mostly eg lack of movement static Tim Howard at his worse!

So you expect him to save "spectacular worldly shots" seems you setting the bar very high here, you're bound to feel let down Joey.

You also give him an excuse by admitting the defence hide his view, you're after the impossible.

Think we need a powerful 6"4 defender who's a leader and faze jags out

Problem with the fullbacks is as they go forward together
And McCarthy and Barry split to cover them
It leaves a huge hole through the centre of our team

Most teams full back attack separately
One sits and one goes forward

So there is always 3 defenders back and you can just play one holding midfielder in front of them

Not sure Martinez will change though

Problem is, they both have been and are exceptional attacking full backs. And whilst in theroy if martinez is telling both to bomb on and Mac and Barry cover that should be great...it's certainly not. There both poorer players under these instructions and as you say it makes our defensive midfield pointless.

He's just clueless end of

Don't think he is to blame for anything last night, but he don't command his area never has done and it puts a lot of pressure on are defenders.
He made a few good saves last night, but in the long run needs replacing and has done for at least two seasons , not my favorite player as I always thought him average but last night wasn't his fault it was squarely down to the manager and his tactics .

No not really. He had a few good games in that last spell. Before that any spell in the team he was shocking!!

Howard makes some very good saves which are blatantly ignored on here because he's a scapegoat in a bad season. That's not to say he hasn't had brain farts...coz oh boy he has! But so has the whole team!
Robles , when given a run of games, performed as well as he could ave to be fair. Improved game after game, my friend I'd suggest it's you who has the agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back