Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
What!!! Hart, Robles, Mignolet and many others would have had no hesitation in going out to get the cross. It wasn't far off being a floater. Mentally, Howard's just not tuned in to making the 6 yd box his own. I'm sure he's got a big elastic band wrapped round his waist and tied to his goalposts, so often is his first move a step forward followed by a retreat to his goal line.
I want Robles to get another run out but there is some serious over - glorification of him going on here lately. I get that he isn't getting a chance to prove his worth though.

WillGrace-JackClosingDoor.gif

^^^ this is true. a lot of people act like we've got courtois on the bench... we've got a keeper with potential who i think should be given a more prolonged opportunity to prove himself. you can guarantee though it wouldnt be long before the criticism of him would start, once the novelty of not having TH had worn off

let in 5.....another glorious benchmark for him this season.

He even said he wasn't bothered by criticism.

Anyone blaming Howard for anything last night has a clear agenda against him!

I get it...people want him dropped and Robles in. I'll let u into a little secret tho....Robles is pants aswell! You'll all be fuming at him after a prolonged run.

coming out for that second goal, being a pretty low cross that wasnt in the air for too long; it'd have more than likely been a classic instance of keeper coming and getting beaten to the ball... only to see if nodded into an empty net. he was right to not come for it.

as for robles, well at first he wasnt installing any confidence in the defence but as he grew in confidence, confidence in him grew. yeah i'd have kept him in
Did you actually watch the game ?

it was one that he COULD have come for but would likely have been beaten to it and that is pretty much the worst thing that can happen for obvious reasons, so staying was correct. look at it again, it was the type of trajectory that you'll rarely see keepers come for. it should definitely have been defended better by alcaraz and coleman though
Obvious wum is obvious .

This thread is discriminatory against aids. There are good treatments for that illness now and no way should it be compared to Timmy's horror goalkeeping.

Anyone blaming Howard for anything last night has a clear agenda against him!

I get it...people want him dropped and Robles in. I'll let u into a little secret tho....Robles is pants aswell! You'll all be fuming at him after a prolonged run.

Thing is Robles actually comes off his line to try and claim crosses and prior to being dropped he had kept clean sheets and the defence was more confident. Robles was beginning to dominate his own penalty area something Howard has never done. I was a little suspect of Howard staying on his line for the second goal. I think Robles would have either attempt to catch or punch rather than stay on his line...but I will have to look at it again. Just seem to remember that the ball was in the air a long time. Howard stayed on his line and I do know that Alcarez and Coleman made a pigs ear of trying to defend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back