Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha there they are here again blaming Howard for us getting beat and he's done nothing wrong.

This sort of stupidity seems to have no bounds with some people, it's like an infliction. Let's forget Coleman, Baines, Alcaraz, Barry or McCarthy being utter turd and letting these players have cart Blanche for 75 minutes let's blame Howard for balls flying into to top corner from 25 yards out in challenged.

Unbelievable depths peope sink to with this.
Dougie you don't blame him for the 2nd goal it was like the Hokies Koke him coming for that ball again you defend his record this season it was appalling he was put back in the team along with other names I have mentioned in this TH post - I repeat I do not blame him for all the goals tonight, but his positioning on and off his line suggest he is now a poor shot stopper!

Mate he is always off his line. His positional sense is horrendous. It's infuriating for someone of his age to have such poor judgment.

So how come some internet judges claim he's stuck to his line to slag him off and others like to use the idea he's never on his line?

Weird ha?

So how come some internet judges claim he's stuck to his line to [Poor language removed] him off and others like to use the idea he's never on his line?

Weird ha?
Thats the strange thing about him, he gets them mixed up. He stays rooted to his line for crosses and comes off his line for shots

Starts to get a bit picky when you start to blame him for tonight BUT...

1st - Never gonna save it, but hes miles off his line and doesnt even make an attempt. Always prefer to see a dive at least, stupid as it may seem.
2nd - As discussed he possibly coulda got that but Alcaraz good grief.
3rd - Dives a little early but the deflection gives him no chance
4th - Unlucky no chance there
5th - Good hit but cant concede from there. Doesn't even shift his feet at all, just a dive similar to the away Young Boys goal.

But he did make a quality save to his right at 1-0.

Dougie you don't blame him for the 2nd goal it was like the Hokies Koke him coming for that ball again you defend his record this season it was appalling he was put back in the team along with other names I have mentioned in this TH post - I repeat I do not blame him for all the goals tonight, but his positioning on and off his line suggest he is now a poor shot stopper!

What he's good when he's on his line but not when he is? Or vice versa?

Like I've said all along he's not been good by any stretch of the imagination this season but he's our best keeper but now any goal that goes in is being layed at his door when it's not actaully correct. Tonight no keeper in the world was being exposed like that and saving any of those goals, and that's been the case since he came back with the exception of Leicester were he cost us the points as much as Lukaku.

So how come some internet judges claim he's stuck to his line to [Poor language removed] him off and others like to use the idea he's never on his line?

Weird ha?

tbf mate, anything around his 6 yard box he's superglued to his line and any shot 25 yards out his positioning is poor. Your a great supporter of him mate, totally get that and no one is going to change your mind. I think he should have been hooked a while ago but that's my opinion1st goal and last goal, sod all he can do about them. 2nd goal he should be smashing through his own defenders to GRAB ( not punch ) the ball. 3rd takes a deflection ( off his line a bit too much ) but not his fault, 4th on his arse because our defending is that bad. 2nd goal poor as mentioned but i blame Coleman and Alcaraz just as much. Howard pulls off a world class save 1-0 down. Problem we have is that the defenders don't trust him, Christ i don't even think he trusts his defenders! He has just not looked commanding for i don't know how long now, a long time. Not good enough but i can certainly say the same for a lot of players so you have every right to say what about the defence, they are a load of shyte as well.

Like I've said all along he's not been good by any stretch of the imagination this season but he's our best keeper but now any goal that goes in is being layed at his door when it's not actaully correct. Tonight no keeper in the world was being exposed like that and saving any of those goals, and that's been the case since he came back with the exception of Leicester were he cost us the points as much as Lukaku.
Your opening sentence hits the nail on the head Dougie he is so indecisive - Robles record this season curtailed maybe is better than TH!

Weird ha?

Look, I don't know how you can defend him and I don't know why you try to. He makes the same mistakes every week. I don't blame him for every goal I don't even think he should save every shot. But I do think he should have better positional awareness, better command of his box, I do think he should be quicker to save shots sometimes I mean at times he looks like he has lead in his boots, I do expect him to attempt to save shots, I do expect him to catch the ball at times and I do expect him to have the experience to not do mad things.

Couple of mad things that spring to mind.

In the Man utd game he comes out to clear a ball and hoofs it to utd and then has to sprint back to his own goal. Idiot.

I cant Remember who it was agaisnt, but when he jumped on the ball outside his box. Idiot.

He also infuriates me.

Has a go at fans.
Says he doesn't care about criticism.
Laughs when he makes mistakes.
His beard.

Dougie you chat absolute bollox mate.... You're making it up as you go along.

So when the balls 30 yards central to goal you think he should be standing where?
Not leaving a wide show of his left or right top corner any spectacular worldly shot gives him no chance to dive even a mis hit shot in that direction he is in no mans land!
If he was on his toes ready to leap further back he may get the chance to tip it over the bar or around the post with his positioning no chance!
He does this with a defence in front of him hiding his view even more - I have watched him his six box line that's where he stands mostly eg lack of movement static Tim Howard at his worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back