Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard is done. Five goals. What is next. Defense was awful and has collapsed. Major changes for next year or else!
QPR will be licking their lips just chip a ball into the danger area, and the keeper will be not seen, and no defender powerful enough to head it clear as a back up insurance, it was the way we folded tonight as they did not have to do much no fancy football just chipped crosses or long shots with the keeper so far of his line - there is a chance you may score a worldly goal!
They did shoot well, but we should never concede five!
TH could not be blamed for every goal tonight , but I have a feeling he is a major part to play in making our defence look clueless!

Last edited:

Standing 5 yards out of position for every long shot every game. Love timmy but just can't put up with that anymore.

Hmmm... I'm no expert on keepers but to me it just looks all wrong.
Your insult to my reply aside, what I found interesting is on Rom's goal from about the same spot and into the same spot of the target, the Ukranian (nationality is important in this debate)keeper was on his line. Six yards back of where Howard was. It went in too.

As a crap American keeper who plays a crap version of the great game you all favor, I can tell you that if a keeper is where Howard is, he is more comfortable stopping closer attempts and purposefully out of position on longer curling attempts. He does this to guard against quick passing plays and runs, figuring he has help on longer shots from 30 yards out. I'm no expert either, but I am telling you why he stands where he does.

Really though it does not matter where I am from. Howard is a sub-optimal American keeper on a team full of sub-optimal Paraguyans and Irishmen and Scots and Belgians. With Europe out of play and a crap table finish likely- no reason not to play Joel some (if not all) the way out to see what he can be. Besic too in the same rationale.

Your insult to my reply aside, what I found interesting is on Rom's goal from about the same spot and into the same spot of the target, the Ukranian (nationality is important in this debate)keeper was on his line. Six yards back of where Howard was. It went in too.

As a crap American keeper who plays a crap version of the great game you all favor, I can tell you that if a keeper is where Howard is, he is more comfortable stopping closer attempts and purposefully out of position on longer curling attempts. He does this to guard against quick passing plays and runs, figuring he has help on longer shots from 30 yards out. I'm no expert either, but I am telling you why he stands where he does.

Really though it does not matter where I am from. Howard is a sub-optimal American keeper on a team full of sub-optimal Paraguyans and Irishmen and Scots and Belgians. With Europe out of play and a crap table finish likely- no reason not to play Joel some (if not all) the way out to see what he can be. Besic too in the same rationale.
If their keeper was six yards back it gave him the opportunity to dive, where TH positions himself to far out he can only watch it pass by- The other problem is if a cross is chipped in or a corner etc he does the opposite he stays like glue on his line!
I have stated he was not at fault for all the goals tonight, but he does not inspire confidence for our defence or fans!
As I stated this is the same defence who,played LFC - Crystal Palace- WBA kept clean sheets with Robles in goal who commanded his area, and made some good saves did he deserve to be dropped?

I don't know why I keep coming into the Tim Howard threads, my passport as well as the position I play on the pitch,makes my opinion too easy at target to downgrade. I don't give a [Poor language removed] all about Tim Howard, but I do care when a keeper takes abuse that should be directed elsewhere. Was Tim Howard crap? That answer is easy. Though it deserves to be noted it was the same defense that had a clean sheet against Newcastle as well. I just know as a keeper, it can be hard when the defense keeps letting them hit uncontested bombs at you, and it's even worse when they are executed as well as Kiev executed today

I don't know why I keep coming into the Tim Howard threads, my passport as well as the position I play on the pitch,makes my opinion too easy at target to downgrade. I don't give a [Poor language removed] all about Tim Howard, but I do care when a keeper takes abuse that should be directed elsewhere. Was Tim Howard crap? That answer is easy. Though it deserves to be noted it was the same defense that had a clean sheet against Newcastle as well. I just know as a keeper, it can be hard when the defense keeps letting them hit uncontested bombs at you, and it's even worse when they are executed as well as Kiev executed today
TH had his first clean sheet on Sunday tonight the record is he let FIVE goals in - not all in his making , but he has had another poor game , and poor season to boot living on his World Cup jubilation of one game imo he is over the hill like a few EFC players!

Haha there they are here again blaming Howard for us getting beat and he's done nothing wrong.

This sort of stupidity seems to have no bounds with some people, it's like an infliction. Let's forget Coleman, Baines, Alcaraz, Barry or McCarthy being utter turd and letting these players have cart Blanche for 75 minutes let's blame Howard for balls flying into to top corner from 25 yards out in challenged.

Unbelievable depths peope sink to with this.

Haha they are there here again blaming Howard for us getting beat and he's done nothing wrong.

This sort of stupidity seems to have no bounds with some people, it's like an infliction. Let's forget Coleman, Baines, Alcaraz, Barry or McCarthy being utter turd and letting these players have cart Blanche for 75 minutes let's blame Howard for balls flying into to top corner from 25 yards out in challenged.

Unbelievable depths peope sink to with this.

He makes the same mistakes week in week out. Look how far off his line he always is. Now some argue it should never get to a keeper, they are right it shouldn't. But when it does the keeper should make some bloody saves.

I'd argue that if Howard was Man Utd's goal keeper they'd be a lot further down the table.

He makes the same mistakes week in week out. Look how far off his line he always is. Now some argue it should never get to a keeper, they are right it shouldn't. But when it does the keeper should make some bloody saves.

So what are you saying when a balls 25-30 yards out a keeper should be in his line? Making the forwards target bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back