Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second goal Azz,,, I feel he could have come and claimed that to be honest but he was rooted to his line, not laying the blame at his feet for the defeat but if he'd have caught that maybe we wouldn't have conceded the third either ..... And then who knows. Still feel he's scared to come off his line. Hardly any of their crosses tonight were whipped in with ace, the majority were floated in and were just inviting him to come and claim them..... But as usual he never.

Hey ho,,,, it's gone now.
Th came for that 2 nd goal for the cross - then back pedalled so yes he was at fault for that goal - he stands mostly on his six yard box leaving an inviting gap in both top corners - dropping Robles may cost RM his job as teams like tonight did not have to play fantastic football - they no we have an indisicive goal keeper who can not deal with a chipped in cross, and in TH defence no natural ball winning defender in the air to power ant head crosses out!
It was the manner we let five in tonight that was worrying playing Barry who plays almost in the back four leaves our midfield nullified-
RM has to play the team on merit not on names' and unfortunately TH is no where near a no 1 Keeper any more it upsets our defence - Robles kept 3 clean sheets, Garbutt did very well -Gibson has done well all never played or got on tonight, Baines could have been used as a wide left player tonight instead of Naismith!

Th came for that 2 nd goal for the cross - then back pedalled so yes he was at fault for that goal - he stands mostly on his six yard box leaving an inviting gap in both top corners - dropping Robles may cost RM his job as teams like tonight did not have to play fantastic football - they no we have an indisicive goal keeper who can not deal with a chipped in cross, and in TH defence no natural ball winning defender in the air to power ant head crosses out!
It was the manner we let five in tonight that was worrying playing Barry who plays almost in the back four leaves our midfield nullified-
RM has to play the team on merit not on names' and unfortunately TH is no where near a no 1 Keeper any more it upsets our defence - Robles kept 3 clean sheets, Garbutt did very well -Gibson has done well all never played or got on tonight, Baines could have been used as a wide left player tonight instead of Naismith!
Mistakes all over the park tonight joey....but it's very frustrating as a fan seeing your keeper fail to do what a typical local league keeper does every week.

His starting position is just wrong.... First goal tonight was a fantastic strike, no 2 ways about it.... But look where Howard is..... He has no idea where he is himself.... His whole right hand side was wide open.. A lesser shot than the one taken would still have gone in. Also the last goal.... Great strike yes but a better starting position....possibly 3 feet back and he would have got a hand to it I'm guessing.
The first goal??? FFS, Where was the LM (Naismith tonight) as two players were streaming down his side? Barry backpedals and makes sure he does nothing to impede the best left foot on either side on the pitch. Who then puts one into the upper corner, nearly inch perfect? And the keeper is at fault?

The second one is the only one I had problem with. And even then, I think the cross was hit low enough to make getting to it difficult. But once it was headed down, he could have had it had he been out a bit for it. And the shot went right through him. In general, he is in the wrong position to stop long shots, but (and this does not excuse it- it is just an indication of a way to play through it) defenders have to close down further out on the pitch, knowing their keeper plays high to make stops in close easier.

At any rate. I want to vomit from the performance of the lot of them- not the least of which is the frame around the Kiev goal, which may have been 3 times the size as the one behind Howard. Unlucky we were- to go along with awful

The first goal??? FFS, Where was the LM (Naismith tonight) as two players were streaming down his side? Barry backpedals and makes sure he does nothing to impede the best left foot on either side on the pitch. Who then puts one into the upper corner, nearly inch perfect? And the keeper is at fault?

The second one is the only one I had problem with. And even then, I think the cross was hit low enough to make getting to it difficult. But once it was headed down, he could have had it had he been out a bit for it. And the shot went right through him. In general, he is in the wrong position to stop long shots, but (and this does not excuse it- it is just an indication of a way to play through it) defenders have to close down further out on the pitch, knowing their keeper plays high to make stops in close easier.

At any rate. I want to vomit from the performance of the lot of them- not the least of which is the frame around the Kiev goal, which may have been 3 times the size as the one behind Howard. Unlucky we were- to go along with awful

Read what I posted before becoming all patriotically anal you bore..... No keeper would have saved that first goal..... My point was that his position was awful anyway and a lesser shot would still have gone in.....

I played a bit at school as centre half, and in my youth if you have an indecisive keeper behind you its on your mind, it effects the whole defence, but you still have to defend - our near enough same defence kept clean sheets with Robles in goal - maybe any different keeper than TH would look good, but the old adage of not dropping a winning team, and not dropping a goalkeeper who has kept three clean sheets may come back to haunt RM!
No doubt TH will start v QPR, but I bet they know what to do to upset him, and our defence just cross it high from anywhere, and let the panic in our defence begin!

I played a bit at school as centre half, and in my youth if you have an indecisive keeper behind you its on your mind, it effects the whole defence, but you still have to defend - our near enough same defence kept clean sheets with Robles in goal - maybe any different keeper than TH would look good, but the old adage of not dropping a winning team, and not dropping a goalkeeper who has kept three clean sheets may come back to haunt RM!

Why oh why did he not put out the team that played on Sunday? to at least start anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back