Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
firstly i must point out that i think howard has been poor this season and i'd fully support giving robles a run (especially given that he shouldve retained his place when howard came back from injury), however, anyone blaming him at all for tonight's horror show is utterly clueless.

ive played in goal in the past to a good standard and been coached by many good goalkeeping coaches so i think i do have some credibility to comment on what a keeper should or shouldnt be doing.... and in regards to his positioning, do you people realise that HE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ON HIS LINE WHEN THE BALL IS 20-30 YARDS FROM GOAL. nearer the 6 yard box is correct. his coaches, and all other coaches in the world will tell him this. he would get bollocked for being on his line. sometimes youve just got to applaud the opposition for scoring a great goal, you dont always have to pin the blame. however tonight there were many defensive errors that the blame could be pinned on. to blame howard though, really? you're out of your depth talking about football, let alone goalkeeping if you honestly believe this.

did anyone in the studio blame him? no. any of your non-everton mates blame him? no. reason? only someone with a pre-made hatred for him could do so, e.g. some everton fans.

now i probably sound like TH's mum defending him here, but as stated i do think he should be dropped in favour of robles based on the season in general, however blaming him tonight is laughable, and that's why i had to chip in. the idiocy of some everton fans is one thing that has never failed to astound me.

firstly i must point out that i think howard has been poor this season and i'd fully support giving robles a run (especially given that he shouldve retained his place when howard came back from injury), however, anyone blaming him at all for tonight's horror show is utterly clueless.

ive played in goal in the past to a good standard and been coached by many good goalkeeping coaches so i think i do have some credibility to comment on what a keeper should or shouldnt be doing.... and in regards to his positioning, do you people realise that HE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ON HIS LINE WHEN THE BALL IS 20-30 YARDS FROM GOAL. nearer the 6 yard box is correct. his coaches, and all other coaches in the world will tell him this. he would get bollocked for being on his line. sometimes youve just got to applaud the opposition for scoring a great goal, you dont always have to pin the blame. however tonight there were many defensive errors that the blame could be pinned on. to blame howard though, really? you're out of your depth talking about football, let alone goalkeeping if you honestly believe this.

did anyone in the studio blame him? no. any of your non-everton mates blame him? no. reason? only someone with a pre-made hatred for him could do so, e.g. some everton fans.

now i probably sound like TH's mum defending him here, but as stated i do think he should be dropped in favour of robles based on the season in general, however blaming him tonight is laughable, and that's why i had to chip in. the idiocy of some everton fans is one thing that has never failed to astound me.
proxy.php

Thanks for educating us lad..... None of us have played before like. Appreciate you're wall of text.

Can you play v QPR? Please do not tell me you will stand on your six yard box most of the game then stay glued,to,your,line on crosses? It's about positioning , and in recent games since returning TH has been woefull to,say the least- one clean sheet and one three point game
The punters never criticise him he is immune from it as he was fantastic in the World Cup and has a large USA fan base!

You sound better than Howard mate. What's your wages like?

Can you play v QPR? Please do not tell me you will stand on your six yard box most of the game then stay glued,to,your,line on crosses? It's about positioning , and in recent games since returning TH has been woefull to,say the least- one clean sheet and one three point game
The punters never criticise him he is immune from it as he was fantastic in the World Cup and has a large USA fan base!
firstly, yes if bobby gives me a call i can make myself available for QPR.
secondly, his positioning for crossed has at times been questionable, however what has that got to do with tonight? i clearly was talking about why it is ridiculous to blame him for this game, and made no secret of the fact that i'd still drop him for his overall performances. the fact is, people are blaming him tonight because people want to blame him.... because they'd blame him for world war 1 and 2 if they could. the argument that he should be on his line for these long range shots is something that comes up over and over again, from people who have no idea what they're talking about.

all you have to do is ask any neutral in the entire world what went wrong with everton tonight, and you won't find an abundance of "tim howard" answers like you would on here

secondly, his positioning for crossed has at times been questionable, however what has that got to do with tonight? i clearly was talking about why it is ridiculous to blame him for this game, and made no secret of the fact that i'd still drop him for his overall performances. the fact is, people are blaming him tonight because people want to blame him.... because they'd blame him for world war 1 and 2 if they could. the argument that he should be on his line for these long range shots is something that comes up over and over again, from people who have no idea what they're talking about.

all you have to do is ask any neutral in the entire world what went wrong with everton tonight, and you won't find an abundance of "tim howard" answers like you would on here
The crucial 2nd goal he advanced then went back I feel he could have risen above our defenders who were in a muddle and punched it clear or even caught the ball he is 6 ft 4 inches tall!
Does he install confidence in the defence like Robles does NO!

The defence went wrong tonight - virtually the same defence that looked confident in front of Robles - I do agree with you TH was not entirely to blame for every goal, but the crucial 2nd goal Yes!

The crucial 2nd goal he advanced then went back I feel he could have risen above our defenders who were in a muddle and punched it clear or even caught the ball he is 6 ft 4 inches tall!
Does he install confidence in the defence like Robles does NO!
coming out for that second goal, being a pretty low cross that wasnt in the air for too long; it'd have more than likely been a classic instance of keeper coming and getting beaten to the ball... only to see if nodded into an empty net. he was right to not come for it.

as for robles, well at first he wasnt installing any confidence in the defence but as he grew in confidence, confidence in him grew. yeah i'd have kept him in

coming out for that second goal, being a pretty low cross that wasnt in the air for too long; it'd have more than likely been a classic instance of keeper coming and getting beaten to the ball... only to see if nodded into an empty net. he was right to not come for it.

as for robles, well at first he wasnt installing any confidence in the defence but as he grew in confidence, confidence in him grew. yeah i'd have kept him in
What!!! Hart, Robles, Mignolet and many others would have had no hesitation in going out to get the cross. It wasn't far off being a floater. Mentally, Howard's just not tuned in to making the 6 yd box his own. I'm sure he's got a big elastic band wrapped round his waist and tied to his goalposts, so often is his first move a step forward followed by a retreat to his goal line.

What!!! Hart, Robles, Mignolet and many others would have had no hesitation in going out to get the cross. It wasn't far off being a floater. Mentally, Howard's just not tuned in to making the 6 yd box his own. I'm sure he's got a big elastic band wrapped round his waist and tied to his goalposts, so often is his first move a step forward followed by a retreat to his goal line.
He shits himself, hes scared of taking a hit.

it was one that he COULD have come for but would likely have been beaten to it and that is pretty much the worst thing that can happen for obvious reasons, so staying was correct. look at it again, it was the type of trajectory that you'll rarely see keepers come for. it should definitely have been defended better by alcaraz and coleman though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back