Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as much as me!!!

Blaming the players isn't entirely fair. It is Martinez who should be taking your ire......he is the one who selects the team. He is the one playing an out of form player. The player is just doing his job, trying his best at what is asked for him. You can't blame Howard for being crap (he's getting older now) likewise, you can't blame Alcaraz or Kone for being limited players, it is all on Martinez for playing them.

Blaming the players isn't entirely fair. It is Martinez who should be taking your ire......he is the one who selects the team. He is the one playing an out of form player. The player is just doing his job, trying his best at what is asked for him. You can't blame Howard for being crap (he's getting older now) likewise, you can't blame Alcaraz or Kone for being limited players, it is all on Martinez for playing them.

Spot on

Yes of course you are right and I do blame Martinez, you say Howard does his best, it is patently obvious that his best
is not good enough and Martinez should have gone weeks ago, so that takes us on to Kenwright and he is f-----g
the club up completely but will be there until he is carried out in a box.

Needs to go. I was one that gave him time, but I've seen enough. He doesn't even look like he trusts himself anymore and he looks past it. Still don't trust Robles, but he should get the rest of the season. More than likely we need to sign a keeper this summer.

There was an incident in the game where Jagielka told him to come and pick it up and he wouldn't. It was right next to him for God's sake. Jagielka just had to clear it instead.

The goal they had disallowed...jags leavin it for howard..Howard leaving it for Jags.

His kicking is abysmal.

Noticeable how sublime Joels is compared to him.

i blame both. of course you can blame howard for being crap. shouldn't be in goal though.

Never really been anti Howard but it did seem like he wasn't in control of the defence or his area at any time today. McCarthy ended up in a back five possibly because there was panic amongst our defence. Howard really should be the fella calling the shots and dealing with balls coming in and for me he didn't do it enough which is the reason we panic back there.

i blame both. of course you can blame howard for being crap. shouldn't be in goal though.

Well as Dylan says not with standing Howard's poor form point the finger at RM for the selection but there again regardless of what has happened Howard is still number one for RM.

Never really been anti Howard but it did seem like he wasn't in control of the defence or his area at any time today. McCarthy ended up in a back five possibly because there was panic amongst our defence. Howard really should be the fella calling the shots and dealing with balls coming in and for me he didn't do it enough which is the reason we panic back there.

Pretty confident Martinez brought McCarthy back there after half time on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back