Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose. Thinking about it De Gea wasn't the best, he's just got better with experience.

I'd still like a new keeper for backup/challenge. Unless our younger keeper is any good.
I was told by brother Robles was in the same squad of Keepers as Degea, and was considered a good Spansih goalkeeping prospect, Degea was very iffy when he joined United - now look a world class keeper - I thought we purchased Robles from Wigan we did not he was on loan there from the same side Degea played for Athletico Madrid. He is still young and may have a future with us if he could get a game!

That may be a problem if we are paying TH a high wage till the age of 39 - I hope he gets a chance again as I do not want another John Ruddy situation were he was lost at not being a run in the team.
TH form this season as been poor to say the least with the same defence virtually.

Last edited:
haha here come the De Gea comparisons again.

Didnt make any mistakes when Howard got injured?? Jelavic's goal at hull been totally forgotten has it, the utterly shambolic Krasnodar goal which was far worse than Howards mistakes this season.

Howard isnt good enough anymore for us moving forward but Joel isnt either.

Didnt make any mistakes when Howard got injured?? Jelavic's goal at hull been totally forgotten has it, the utterly shambolic Krasnodar goal which was far worse than Howards mistakes this season.

Barely any mistakes. The lad was getting his bearing against Hull and had an average age of 38 with the centres halves in front of him for Krasnodar. What about his worldy saves against Liverpool and Palace ? Nah, can't do that can he, he's Joel.

Give the boy a chance.

Last edited:

I point that out in a earlier post about Robles ie is he good enough for a sustained run in the prem - my point is give him a run to find out instead of spending a fortune on another first class no 1 - Remember Ruddy now an England internationals. Suggestions on here in Jan were to may be buy him back- Robles looked iffy in the games you mention, but I was more impressed with him in his recent run of three clean sheets. The proof is in the pudding so as I suggested in an earlier post let's try him out!

Wow. 1 mistake in a dead rubber European game and letting in a goal against Hull which been the result of the worst offside trap attempt in the history of football.

Yeah that has me convinced that he doesn't deserve a chance.

Seems like Martinez doesn't trust Robles tbh. Apart from the fact he took him straight out of the side at the first opportunity, he also didn't play the cup matches this season apart from when Howard was injured and we were close to signing a new young keeper in January. I don't really understand it though because Martinez signed him in the first place.

Judge a keeper when he's had a run of games, it's only fair. You can't judge any player on the basis of 1 performance every 3 months, much less a keeper.

After Joel got a run in the team he looked better and better, and kept 3 clean sheets in a row. That doesn't mean he's David De Gea, but it means he was showing promising signs.

Howard has had almost all season in goal. One huge spell, and injury, and now a lot of games since. He has remained awful all year long. Joel is not world class, but he has shown more good performances this year in far, far fewer games. Throw in the fact that he's 11 years younger so even if he was playing to the same standard, you can at least argue it's a learning experience and a benefit for the future.

Joel is clearly the better choice right now. I'd love us to go out and sign a new keeper to take the number 1 spot, but right now, he is the obvious choice. Howard has been woeful all season and doesn't seem to even care as he knows his position is untouchable and his wage will remain high. Everything about the keeper situation stinks right now, and people like you only make it messier by blurring other people's points. Joel isn't Buffon, but he is a keeper who can actually come off his line, kick the ball to Everton players and not fall on his arse every time a striker comes close to him.

If news came through of Howard being in talks with Colorado Rapids or whatever it'd be a huge boost.

A season too far. He's a calamity waiting to happen for us now. Just move him on asap.

Wow. 1 mistake in a dead rubber European game and letting in a goal against Hull which been the result of the worst offside trap attempt in the history of football.

Yeah that has me convinced that he doesn't deserve a chance.

Coupled with 3 clean sheets and a performance that kept us in an FA Cup tie until a penalty shoot out.

Terminate Joel's contract now.

If news came through of Howard being in talks with Colorado Rapids or whatever it'd be a huge boost.

A season too far. He's a calamity waiting to happen for us now. Just move him on asap.

Twitter and most of the forum if he was in talks with the MLS.

tumblr_inline_nalsqozn6g1rzcm84.gif

But Dave, Howard has repeatedly stated he will finish here and not go to the likes of the MLS, bearing in m ind the contract he has we are stuck with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back