Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is worse than Robles getting dropped is I don't think he has had much game time since then,Russell Griffiths has
played most of the reserve games, and I doubt Robles has played at all, so if Howard gets injured Joel has to start all over again.

Is the any need to bring the thread down to that level?..
D4d0NgK.gif

Come on Joey 2 very good teams! You're having a laugh aren't you.

I'm assuming one was the RS but when each of the other two are WBA and Palace (lets be as polite as possible here) you're over egging the pudding! Then when you consider WBA had a ten man defence and were less likely to cross the half way line than a South Korean sentry guard I can only assume you mean that powerhouse Palace and the game Robles had to rely on Jags and Stones to clear up his cock ups off the line from crosses.

The reason we went compact and less expansive after the Hull game was to protect Robles, because when he'd come in we lost the first 3 games on the spin and he looked awful. During his first 3 games we conceded an average of 2 goals a game and it needed tightening up quick to stop the rot. Hence the added protection a less emphasis on our attacking fullbacks moving forward and our defensive midfield players sitting closer to the defenders.

We went into shut down mode to stop teams pressuring Robles and creating and scoring as many chances, it kind of worked as we then only conceded on average a goal a game. But he got lucky against the RS with the fact Sterling has the composure of a cokehead in Amsterdam, WBA had no intent on scoring and like I said Jags and Stones saved his arse a few times.

You're making the fella out to sound like the love child of Neville Southall and Peter Schmeichel when he's closer to Frank Spencer and Mr Bean.

any different from when teams like leicester have come to goodison and done nowt and still scored 2 purely because of howard?

Come on Joey 2 very good teams! You're having a laugh aren't you.

I'm assuming one was the RS but when each of the other two are WBA and Palace (lets be as polite as possible here) you're over egging the pudding! Then when you consider WBA had a ten man defence and were less likely to cross the half way line than a South Korean sentry guard I can only assume you mean that powerhouse Palace and the game Robles had to rely on Jags and Stones to clear up his cock ups off the line from crosses.

The reason we went compact and less expansive after the Hull game was to protect Robles, because when he'd come in we lost the first 3 games on the spin and he looked awful. During his first 3 games we conceded an average of 2 goals a game and it needed tightening up quick to stop the rot. Hence the added protection a less emphasis on our attacking fullbacks moving forward and our defensive midfield players sitting closer to the defenders.

We went into shut down mode to stop teams pressuring Robles and creating and scoring as many chances, it kind of worked as we then only conceded on average a goal a game. But he got lucky against the RS with the fact Sterling has the composure of a cokehead in Amsterdam, WBA had no intent on scoring and like I said Jags and Stones saved his arse a few times.

You're making the fella out to sound like the love child of Neville Southall and Peter Schmeichel when he's closer to Frank Spencer and Mr Bean.
Hi Dougie boy nice to hear from you - you can rant all you want- you claim Robles is no good after three clean sheets - he played well in the Derby game - Palace away they were unbeaten under their new manager - if you read my post I claim while Robles was on that good run RM should have left him in the side till he messed up big time before fetching TH back as he as been dreadful ( has he watched your 2 Hour video on positioning yet?lol
16 goals T H has let in with one clean sheet!
I do not pretend that Robles is the answer or the love child of big Nev!
RM had a chance to give him a run in the team - I agree he is picking names instead of form players, but your defence of TH is your opinion, but Doug TH have three major problems I have observed - he stands to far off his lines when teams attack and encourages long range shots - he is stuck to his line like glue - he dives too early mostly falling on his A@se
Also the woodwork made more saves than he did v QPR!
I was glad we won Doug - but at the moment TH worries me and other fans - it's better to see if Robles is capable before spending a big fee for another Keeper!
It's ideal to slot him back in now to see how he copes in other words RM needs to be fair!;)

Hi Dougie boy nice to hear from you - you can rant all you want- you claim Robles is no good after three clean sheets - he played well in the Derby game - Palace away they were unbeaten under their new manager - if you read my post I claim while Robles was on that good run RM should have left him in the side till he messed up big time before fetching TH back as he as been dreadful ( has he watched your 2 Hour video on positioning yet?lol
16 goals T H has let in with one clean sheet!
I do not pretend that Robles is the answer or the love child of big Nev!
RM had a chance to give him a run in the team - I agree he is picking names instead of form players, but your defence of TH is your opinion, but Doug TH have three major problems I have observed - he stands to far off his lines when teams attack and encourages long range shots - he is stuck to his line like glue - he dives too early mostly falling on his A@se
Also the woodwork made more saves than he did v QPR!
I was glad we won Doug - but at the moment TH worries me and other fans - it's better to see if Robles is capable before spending a big fee for another Keeper!
It's ideal to slot him back in now to see how he copes in other words RM needs to be fair!;)

Spot on Joey, RM needs to use Robles for a few of the games left if not all. However don't hold your breather mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back