Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the correct position to be in if the balls outside his area but in striking distance.

i know it's your opinion, i just don't believe it is. he gets beaten a hell of a lot from deflected shots. he stands way too far off his line, he makes it possible for players to call balls around the back of him, gives them the opportunity to chip him and like i just mentioned because he's so far off his line and he dives too early, nearly every shot that gets deflected goes over him into the net.

i know it's your opinion, i just don't believe it is. he gets beaten a hell of a lot from deflected shots. he stands way too far off his line, he makes it possible for players to call balls around the back of him, gives them the opportunity to chip him and like i just mentioned because he's so far off his line and he dives too early, nearly every shot that gets deflected goes over him into the net.

Well it's where every goalkeeper positions themselves when the balls in those areas (in Robles) so it not just my opinion it seems it how their trained. Also I can remember one incident when Howards been chipped from outside the box, never mind this season but since he's been here. Be interesting to see the evidence though.

I think Robles should see time as well, but I don't see how you can put this on a keeper.

Well it's where every goalkeeper positions themselves when the balls in those areas (in Robles) so it not just my opinion it seems it how their trained. Also I can remember one incident when Howards been chipped from outside the box, never mind this season but since he's been here. Be interesting to see the evidence though.

can or can't?

couldn't find a better vid ha

can or can't?

couldn't find a better vid ha

Can't.

Great goal, but I said from outside the box which seems to be people's major concern with Howard.

Although it's interesting to see that if that wasn't a fantastic goal he would have been ready for the cross and not 'glued to his line' that's the other accusation that gets thrown his way all the time.

Can't.

Great goal, but I said from outside the box which seems to be people's major concern with Howard.

Although it's interesting to see that if that wasn't a fantastic goal he would have been ready for the cross and not 'glued to his line' that's the other accusation that gets thrown his way all the time.

depends which way you look at it. people arguing the other side of the coin could say he's standing so far off his line that he's been chipped from 15 yards which is all a bit bizzare. you don't see it often anyway.

anyway, it was a great goal, he's given far too much ammo this season for me to start looking for things which is the worst part about this season. i personally think he's cost us at least 15 points this season and so many goals conceded, even inadvertently. robles got MOM away at west ham in the FA Cup, even that is 1 more than howard. he was great against wolsfburg, but great after we went 4-0 up isn't really MOM worthy imo.

If a shot is traveling low to your left and you dive to save it but it is then deflected off (insert Everton defender here) and goes to your right, how are you to save that? It's not even a stat worth mentioning because it is down to the luckiest or unluckiest of circumstances.

depends which way you look at it. people arguing the other side of the coin could say he's standing so far off his line that he's been chipped from 15 yards which is all a bit bizzare. you don't see it often anyway.

anyway, it was a great goal, he's given far too much ammo this season for me to start looking for things which is the worst part about this season. i personally think he's cost us at least 15 points this season and so many goals conceded, even inadvertently. robles got MOM away at west ham in the FA Cup, even that is 1 more than howard. he was great against wolsfburg, but great after we went 4-0 up isn't really MOM worthy imo.

Would those people arguing when he's 3 yards off his line there also be the ones who'd argue he's always stuck to his line though? I'd guess they'd be two of the same groups.

He's far from perfect but even you've just admitted to try and prove your point you've used a shot that you describe as a "great goal". I just dont see the point in bashing players when they've done nothin wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back