Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would those people arguing when he's 3 yards off his line there also be the ones who'd argue he's always stuck to his line though? I'd guess they'd be two of the same groups.

He's far from perfect but even you've just admitted to try and prove your point you've used a shot that you describe as a "great goal". I just dont see the point in bashing players when they've done nothin wrong.

People argue he's stuck to his line when crosses come in, not shots.

Make your mind up soft-lad.
I mean he stands outside his six yard box when teams attack attracting long range shots
Then on crosses he is stands on his line doing an in out shake it all about other than catching the ball!
Sorry. For the confusion, but Doug has the video and his tape measure to prove TH is world class!lol

[QUOT="si modo, post: 3459576, member: 2334"]And Espen Baardsen.[/QUOTE]
I take Dougs point on deflected shots any keeper has to be good or lucky to save them by sticking a leg or hand out at the last second to make a great save, it's hard to see TH having any chance of doing this if he falls or dives to early as Alan Shearer pointed out in the World Cup game were he made many saves by doing this , but I feel with this exposure attackers now know TH is of that ilk - ie it is hard to save a shot/ deflection if you are on the floor sometimes on his back side to poke out a leg to save the ball- eg when we played Chelsea Chec saved with his feet from Lukarku as he was upright ie ready for anything.
I reiterated badly deflected shots are impossible to save, but slight deflections you can sometimes get if you are upright,and not diving too early which this season TH seems to do, on Sunday he was lying prostrate as the ball went in he had dived before the scoring shot had been hit!
It is ideal for RM to try Robles out to see if he can carry on his form over his 3 clean sheets, so we can sort out if we need to spend big in the summer on a Keeper or just spend less on another back up!
TH is way off form, and his extended contract is worrying if this form next season continues?

Last edited:

He does not command his area at all.
The defence have no faith in him and his positioning is suspect.
He has to go in the summer,we badly need a new number 1

I wholeheartedly agree, but he's done a hell of a lot more wrong for me to bash him for, so I'm going to continue bashing him for that

The other day he was getting accused of not saving a world class unstoppable goal because he was out of position for an imaginary other shot!

I mean there's agenda driven drivel and then there's just utter outright looney blollocks that gets posted about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back