Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day he was getting accused of not saving a world class unstoppable goal because he was out of position for an imaginary other shot!

I mean there's agenda driven drivel and then there's just utter outright looney blollocks that gets posted about him.
No agenda Doug - just a debate on a forum - some posters have been nasty towards you - I just jest and totally disagree with your arguments, I disagree with you that there have been loony Post on a ageing Keeper who has conceded 16 goals in a small amount of games , and one clean sheet while the Keeper he replaced was in good form with three clean sheets since returning from injury that may well be RM m
Big mistake!.
I suppose our main worries now should be our strike force injuries as the defence and Keeper will have to be even better in the closing games maybe!

While TH has been consistently bad this season, I think we need to put into perspective that ALL GKs will have bad runs of form. Hell, even De Gea got beaten near post on Sunday for a bad goal and if that were TH we'd be fuming on here. And then what do we make of Neuer's whiff for Gladbach's first goal this weekend, I mean I could not believe my eyes when that went in - that goal was worse than any that TH has let in this year.

All that being said, TH has been more than serviceable over his time at the club and deserves the benefit of the doubt, IMO. However, I believe that benefit of the doubt period has passed and Robles should have a go in the remaining games, especially since it would seem we've avoided relegation and the pressure should be off, relatively speaking. I'm not ready though to throw in the towel in TH, as he could 1) have a great summer and come out next season playing well again or 2) we'd need a serviceable No. 2 anyway if we sign someone else. If Robles proves he isn't the clear cut future by the beginning of next season, then he needs to go on on loan to a championship side.

While TH has been consistently bad this season, I think we need to put into perspective that ALL GKs will have bad runs of form. Hell, even De Gea got beaten near post on Sunday for a bad goal and if that were TH we'd be fuming on here. And then what do we make of Neuer's whiff for Gladbach's first goal this weekend, I mean I could not believe my eyes when that went in - that goal was worse than any that TH has let in this year.

All that being said, TH has been more than serviceable over his time at the club and deserves the benefit of the doubt, IMO. However, I believe that benefit of the doubt period has passed and Robles should have a go in the remaining games, especially since it would seem we've avoided relegation and the pressure should be off, relatively speaking. I'm not ready though to throw in the towel in TH, as he could 1) have a great summer and come out next season playing well again or 2) we'd need a serviceable No. 2 anyway if we sign someone else. If Robles proves he isn't the clear cut future by the beginning of next season, then he needs to go on on loan to a championship side.

Bad runs are for a few games mate, he has been gash all season. He makes terrible mistakes pretty much every game and the defence have no confidence in him which means they make panicky decisions too.

Time for him to move on.

Bad runs are for a few games mate, he has been gash all season. He makes terrible mistakes pretty much every game and the defence have no confidence in him which means they make panicky decisions too.

Time for him to move on.

Sadly, have to agree. Howard can make the world-class save, yet gets beaten by shots that should have no right getting past him.

Time for him to move on.

He really hasn't been any more "gash" than the rest of the side all season though, and it seems people are far more willing to make excuses for Robles' errors than they are for his. I also don't think the defense has been "panicky" because of Howard, for most of the season they've been panicky because apart from Stones they've been in [Poor language removed] form. I'm in full agreement that Howard has been poor and Robles should be given another chance, but there is no need for needless hyperbole. Yes Howard has been poor, no he has not been anywhere close to the worst keeper in the league.

Serious question, would you all consider signing Szcezny?

Time for him to move on.

Don't necessarily disagree, only caveat is that I think it's a little much on here how utterly terrible defense is somehow TH's fault. He's often simply not good enough to make up for the dismal back.

I think there is room to say he's slipping, may need to move on, AND that he's still overbashed on here. Watching how we lash out at TH on here, you'd think every other league side GK was De Gea, and that's just a little much.

He really hasn't been any more "gash" than the rest of the side all season though, and it seems people are far more willing to make excuses for Robles' errors than they are for his. I also don't think the defense has been "panicky" because of Howard, for most of the season they've been panicky because apart from Stones they've been in [Poor language removed] form. I'm in full agreement that Howard has been poor and Robles should be given another chance, but there is no need for needless hyperbole. Yes Howard has been poor, no he has not been anywhere close to the worst keeper in the league.

Serious question, would you all consider signing Szcezny?
So much wrong in just one post.

Howard has easily been the worst keeper in the league. Have you blotted out mistakes against Chelsea (h) x 2, Palace x 2, Hull, Tottenham, QPR at home, Leicester x 2, Liverpool and United away etc.

I also don't get this people making excuses for Robles. He's made very few mistakes and none of them bar 1 leading to goals. He's also kept only 1 fewer clean sheets than Howard in 16 less games. As well as being infinitely superior to Howard in every aspect.

Jim McDonagh played 40 games in goal awful small keeper and also Jason Kearton!
These made Dai look fantastic!
Yeah mcdonagh was meant to be good,i could not believe how bad he was.
Loved georgie wood me had a kickaround with him and dave Thomas when I was young,wood was massive in them goals

Time for him to move on.

His "bad run of form" has been going on for 3 years. How long does a run of form have to go on for before said player can just be deemed gash? Torres was allowed 4 years of "poor form" I suppose

The manager is so scared of upsetting his favourites that he puts Tim Howard's emotional wellbeing ahead of the wellbeing of Everton Football Club. It's an absolute disgrace and utterly unprofessional. However he is an absolute clown of a manager, so it's not too much of a surprise that he is currently performing worse than Mike Walker, as that is his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back