Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug accept defeat - Tim does often we get a defeat with him in goal! Last line of defence has to be class we may need a new Keeper if Robles is worse than TH!

Considering the squad needs a big shake up and Howards on a long contract I can't see the funds being available for anything other than a young up an coming keeper on the cheap so we can get rid of Robles.

Argue all you want Robles kept THREE CLEAN SHEETS IN THREE GAMES - Two of them games were hard fixtures - I do not know if Robles is good enough as RM dumped him out of the team unfairly in my opinion All I am saying give Robles a run now, and if he flops then spend millions on a decent Keeper as TH is way past his best!

If you went in to detail on TH Gaffs since his return you would need an A 4 sheet to post!

which ones were the hard games? the one where he quite literally didnt have a save to make or the one where he flapped twice and got saved by the cb each time?

no mate apparently cup games dont count because when everyone brings up stats on Howard its league games only

Yeah, Howards directly when he doesn't kick the ball out and Utd pass it round for aa minute without anyone getting a tackle in or tracking Falcao or simple stuff like that but it's the defences mistake when Robles stays on his line leaving a player to advance on goal before dropping to his knees and making it a simple finish.

Go figure!

A Derby game we always win them eh! Robles made some good saves in that game - Crystal palace away a t least he was out to catch the ball still kept a clean sheet v a Pardew side which were undefeated till that game - someone mentioned the Fa cup tie v West Ham we played 60 minutes with ten men and managed to get to a penalty shoot out!
I am sorry to say u till Robles has a fair run in the team he is the better keeper at this moment in time, but oh wait Dougs reasoning TH contract is too high so sell Robles with out trying him out!
Another mistake may be made like the keeper John Ruddy who was deemed to be useless, and became an England international some fans wanted us to buy him back!

Yeah, Howards directly when he doesn't kick the ball out and Utd pass it round for aa minute without anyone getting a tackle in or tracking Falcao or simple stuff like that but it's the defences mistake when Robles stays on his line leaving a player to advance on goal before dropping to his knees and making it a simple finish.

Go figure!
Doug you are defending the indefensible for the fun of it!

which ones were the hard games? the one where he quite literally didnt have a save to make or the one where he flapped twice and got saved by the cb each time?

mate, you need to stop it. i understand your backing of howard, but you can't knock robles to try and defend howard. i'd need extra hands for the amount of "easy" games howard has had where it's been his fault that they've not yielded a clean sheet.

Spent Thursday and yesterday in Amsterdam. Got so drunk that I ended up spending 30+ mins in a bar arguing with this American bloke about how terrible he is. The yank was telling me that he's a hero and Evertonians are ungrateful and he hopes Howard goes to MLS.

Urgh...

Spent Thursday and yesterday in Amsterdam. Got so drunk that I ended up spending 30+ mins in a bar arguing with this American bloke about how terrible he is. The yank was telling me that he's a hero and Evertonians are ungrateful and he hopes Howard goes to MLS.

Urgh...
I would have bought him a drink if he would take Tim Howard to the MLS!lol

Doug why don't you contact Tim, and ask him to put you in his autobiography, how I defended a goalkeeper who was out of form on the GOT on sale with a a USA video about positioning for a goalkeeper? lol

I love this myth that Robles played well when he played

newcastle (a) he didnt offer a hand to any of the 3 goals
hull (a) clearly at fault for the Jelavic goal
city (h) only made 1 save
west brom (h) not a single shot to save
palace (a) absolutely shocking first 15 that could/should have see us concede 2 when he was saved by both cbs
liverpool (h) cant remember him having to make a decent save (i concede my memory of that game is sketchy)

Joel made a save in the derby from a Gerrard free kick. Unfortunately for Howard, it was exactly the sort he of save he should have made from Gerrard in the first game. Granted it was a simple save, but it was nice to see one of our keepers make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back