Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.

People are getting carried away. If he hadn't saved the shot from Pelle he would have been massacred on here for his positioning and rightly so. It was a save he created for himself when he should have been on the line to just catch it.

All in all he had a very good game though.

People are getting carried away. If he hadn't saved the shot from Pelle he would have been massacred on here for his positioning and rightly so. It was a save he created for himself when he should have been on the line to just catch it.

All in all he had a very good game though.

I'm placing you in the "knows nothing about football" category until you can convince me and @Joey66 that he should have been on his line when that cross comes in.

It's amazing how he hard it is for Howard bum boys to admit it when he had a bad game or, as is the case right now, Howard haters to admit he had a good game.

I've been a huge critic of his but he had a good game yesterday. The second save especially was top notch.

However he was still hesitant on his line and he showed nothing to convince me that he suddenly has good positioning or a command of his area. All he showed is that he's a great shot stopper. I knew that already; he is arguably a world class shot stopper. But that is not enough.

Is getting lobbed from 70 yards OK then?

Hardly the same. You shouldn't be getting lobbed like Howard almost did yesterday. The angle is far too tight.

Courtois didn't do too much wrong. Keepers come out of their goal that far because they have to be ready to sweep up. It was merely a case of Adam being as accurate as he was audacious.

I'm placing you in the "knows nothing about football" category until you can convince me and @Joey66 that he should have been on his line when that cross comes in.

ok mate, he should come out and stand in no mans land, thats what all the top keepers do right? They either come out and collect it or they don't come out, they don't come out half way and invite the striker to lob them, but I guess if Howard does it then it must be what all keepers should do, it must be all them other keepers doing it wrong.

His positioning was crap and it took a worldie for him to recover from it.

Fair play to him yesterday, those two saves were brilliant but it still doesnt make up for the fact that this man alone has cost us at least double figure points due to his horrific goalkeeping.

ok mate, he should come out and stand in no mans land, thats what all the top keepers do right? They either come out and collect it or they don't come out, they don't come out half way and invite the striker to lob them, but I guess if Howard does it then it must be what all keepers should do, it must be all them other keepers doing it wrong.

His positioning was crap and it took a worldie for him to recover from it.

I don't care what @Joey66 says you're staying in there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back