Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest mate i reckon you'd be best off just ignoring most of it cause it's said to wind you up.

I realsie it might make me sound like an arrogant arse to say that i'm right and others are wrong, some people probably think they're right in what they say.

Like yesterday and Mignolet against Arsenal. I believe Micheal Owen and Alan Shearer said the he should have done better with the Sanchez one cause it was down the middle, and Ian Wright said he should have done better with the free kick cause it was his side.

Just dumb lazy cliches from idiots who don't have a clue why he didn't save those shots regardless of the fact they were down the middle and on his side.
Its a forum debate Doug or anyone else has the right to put his arguments over on TH - many like me have heavily rightly criticised him - it was his best game for us by a mile yesterday, but one swallow does not make a summer!
As for bad positioning what was the Chelsea keeper doing - is bad positioning creeping into our game?
For instance keepers now hardly ever tip the ball around the post for a corner they seem to Palm it back into play sometimes they get away with it other times it leads to giving a goal away!

VioletCalmLamprey.gif

http://www.gfycat.com/VioletCalmLamprey

Here's Tim glued to his line yesterday. So many of those who routinely criticize Howard are saying that he had a good game yesterday, even going as far as to say it was his best game ever. But he played exactly like he always does, positioned where he always is. He made some fantastic reaction saves like he normally does, had mediocre distribution like normal, and didn't bother coming out for crosses any more than he normally does.

Just a reflection of how superficially we tend to look at these games as fans, and how much our impressions are impacted by the final scoreline.

VioletCalmLamprey.gif

Here's Tim glued to his line yesterday. So many of those who routinely criticize Howard are saying that he had a good game yesterday, even going as far as to say it was his best game ever. But he played exactly like he always does, positioned where he always is. He made some fantastic reaction saves like he normally does, had mediocre distribution like normal, and didn't bother coming out for crosses any more than he normally does.

Just a reflection of how superficially we tend to look at these games as fans, and how much our impressions are impacted by the final scoreline.

He was pretty poor for their freekick as well.

I'm willing to ignore his mistakes when he makes those two great saves, but you are right if we'd lost we'd still appreciate the two saves, but give him grief for his mistakes.

VioletCalmLamprey.gif

Do you actually think he should have come for that ball? You may well be right, but that's a poor example.

Joel keeps a clean sheet when he doesn't have to make a save = credit

Howard keeps a clean sheet whilst actually making saves = he gets stick

#gotlogic
That's harsh I can Remember a great save in the Derby game at the near post, and if you command your are correctly then it takes pressure off, and we attacked more in those games that Robles played in!

He was probably involved in 9/11
VioletCalmLamprey.gif

So what your saying (as he always is)...he is crap.

I am the greatest supporter this club has ever had. Hopefully over the summer I can improve my booing and become an even better supporter.

Right, you see all real blues I know want to cheer.

Why do you want to Boo? I'm hoping we do better for the rest of this season and next. Also why do you hate most of our players? And why do you have a Manchester Utd players name as monica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back