Confirmed Signing Tim Iroegbunam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to hear Dyche give it the 'He's only a young player, still learning' as he sits on the bench for the full 90 mins of all 38 league games before quietly being ushered onto the 'Not retained' list.

WELCOME TIM.

Strange deal this one. Why if money is tight and we’re going through a takeover are they spending 10m on a player who can’t get near the first team?

Marty Cash didn’t play

Spot on-
I'm not sure you're really following it so no point trying to explain how the Villa midfield is/was set up.

…or the deal is agreed but won’t happen this month. Saying that, it sounds like Villa need income before then so it could be a matter of getting everything lined up.
We need money by end of June, anything after that goes onto next season's accounts. So its possible that if we were to have this as part of an add on/swap type deal we'll do the Iroegbunam part first to cover this season's accounts, and then part the larger chunk of it (the Onana money), after June 30th to not fall foul of PSR. Of course, this could all be nonsense and we just sell Iroegbunam and that's the end of our business with Everton.

Who's just copied Big Pete and then can claim he knew all along if it comes off and make some excuse if it doesn't.
As attached, I said we were interested in him on the 7th June...but don't let that get in the way of a good old narrative Paul.

Not everything I do or say reaches Twitter. The story yesterday of an 'agreed' deal is a bit premature as of today.

Attachments

• 5d2f4786-b249-4e49-8218-d91481d8ba60.webp
    5d2f4786-b249-4e49-8218-d91481d8ba60.webp
    78.8 KB · Views: 17

The other thing worth noting is that he's £10m now but you'll easily sell him on for at least twice that.

As attached, I said we were interested in him on the 7th June...but don't let that get in the way of a good old narrative Paul.

Not everything I do or say reaches Twitter. The story yesterday of an 'agreed' deal is a bit premature as of today.
Fair enough Bobs.

Strange deal this one. Why if money is tight and we’re going through a takeover are they spending 10m on a player who can’t get near the first team?
He was near the first team, as a substitute on 9 occasions in the Premier League last season. Like all young players has to start somewhere.

Can't wait to hear Dyche give it the 'He's only a young player, still learning' as he sits on the bench for the full 90 mins of all 38 league games before quietly being ushered onto the 'Not retained' list.

WELCOME TIM.

….that’s what’ll happen if he’s not good enough to play. If he’s the real deal, Dyche will be chuffed to have him and will use him much like he’s done with Branthwaite and Garner.

It’ll be up to the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back