Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are playing a qualifier for a world cup awarded to a glorified dictatorship, on the back of corruption and brown envelopes, in stadiums being build with huge bloodshed and human rights violations.
Blatter and Valcke have both been handed additional bans from FIFA recently, for "financial wrongdoing" it seems totally crazy that the decision to award Qatar with a world cup that was clearly the result of a corrupt bid hasn't been overturned.

Sad news coming out of National League side Stockport, they’ve announced that Connor Jennings, former Tranmere and Bayern player, is to take time out the game after being diagnosed with Chondroid Sarcoma, a rare form of cancer in his upper arm, found during treatment for a shoulder problem suffered in training

Blatter and Valcke have both been handed additional bans from FIFA recently, for "financial wrongdoing" it seems totally crazy that the decision to award Qatar with a world cup that was clearly the result of a corrupt bid hasn't been overturned.

100% agree & I do wonder if it is still a possibility. I fear FIFA are petrified of losing a costs of stadia ./ infastructure case to Qatar.

Fingers crossed they are left with no world cup

Sad news coming out of National League side Stockport, they’ve announced that Connor Jennings, former Tranmere and Bayern player, is to take time out the game after being diagnosed with Chondroid Sarcoma, a rare form of cancer in his upper arm, found during treatment for a shoulder problem suffered in training

Was a bad one for my team too this week. Young Lewis Hardcastle has had to retire at 22 due to a heart issue.

Hopefully this is a case of "fortunate disappointment" and they've found it early enough that it can be treated and he can make a full recovery

Take if off Qatar and give it to the Aussie's I say
Every country is as bad each other IMO. If you take it off Qatar then you have to take it off the US too, and England should never be awarded one. You could argue a country like Australia that holds refugees offshore in horrendous conditions should also not be awarded one.

Every country is as bad each other IMO. If you take it off Qatar then you have to take it off the US too, and England should never be awarded one. You could argue a country like Australia that holds refugees offshore in horrendous conditions should also not be awarded one.

More to do with the corruption involved in them getting it

The human rights abuses just make it all the worse that they got it to begin with

Was a bad one for my team too this week. Young Lewis Hardcastle has had to retire at 22 due to a heart issue.

Jesus, never saw that until now. Very sad news that.

Will always remember him for finishing the goal that got us the 'Better than Barcelona' tagline by a bookies (if I remember that right) social media page.

But then they'd have to invalidate every World Cup this century, if not all if them. This one was just more obvious than most, as awarding it to Qatar blatantly turned a blind eye to the selection criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back