Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA play them Sunday. I was hoping it might be a decent test for some younger players.

Would expect us to make a lot of changes because there is another qualifier on Wednesday

We played well second half and missed 3 big chances. Unfortunately Italy had it won by half time after a really bad mistake by the keeper for their second goal.

This is fwiw a very indirect line. LeBron can decide not to have Nike sponsorships but ultimately Nike is still going to make things in China.

Look ultimately when you're playing whataboutism with injustice you're siding with those perpetuating the injustice. Yes what happens in China is bad but when someone says we should treat black people in the US better and your response is "what about China?" and if someone says we should end the abuses in China and your response is "what about the Palestinians?" and so on and so forth all you're doing is easing the burden on those who do those horrible things.
First of all you seem to be misreading me. I was very clear that I agreed with the point of your original post. I was just stating that I think lebron was a poor example.

The reason I think he is a poor example is because he derives a significant portion of his income from a company shown to have inhumane business practices. I am actually not even asking him to give that up. All I am saying is that it is hypocritical of him not to speak up on the topic or even offer a mild criticism when directly asked about it. He is all of a sudden a good company man.

Your Palestinian example holds water if you were not to be deriving your income from the repression of Palestinians, but if you were to be deriving your income that way, it is totally relevant as it makes you a hypocrite.

This is nonsense Emir - the idea that one country's problems shouldn't be highlighted because there are problems elsewhere is absolute crap. The Norwegians have hit a timely nail on the head and long may it continue. They are playing a qualifier for a world cup awarded to a glorified dictatorship, on the back of corruption and brown envelopes, in stadiums being build with huge bloodshed and human rights violations. This should not have happened, the construction deaths could have been avoided & hopefully the corruption leaves Qatar stripped of the World Cup, but that seems unlikely.

To hide behind the idea that Qatar is an "easy target" because it is eastern is nonsense, this is not criticism levelled because of xenophobia, this is corruption and human rights violations which should be exposed.
They absolutely are an easy target, there's no doubt about it. Why is it when an Eastern country like Qatar secures the WC, it is known as "corruption" or done by "brown envelopes" yet when a big European nation like Germany were literally caught bribing their way into getting the 2006 WC, it's just accepted and normal?

There's no evidence or any credence to these figures posted by Guardian, it's all uncertified BS. The most reliable media companies such as CNN, Reuter or Aljazeera haven't said anything about the so-called "migrant deaths" either.

But the biggest question is, why are these European countries outraged so much over an issue whereas the countries, whose people are the so-called victims, actually support Qatar? Correct me if I'm wrong but these so-called slaves are people from countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, India etc, but have these countries ever gave a crap about any of this? It's obvious that some of the European countries are wrapped in so much envy towards Qatar, that they need to projectile their virtue-signalling to try to somehow force FIFA to change the hosts. It's a crazy world we live. Countries like Norway are not the voice of these people. They are the voice of their own dishonourable agenda to destabilize Qatar's credibility for being hosts, nothing more, nothing less.

On a side note, I had never thought America would come to produce the best right-back in the world. Sergino Dest, take a bow kid.

World cup qualifiers like last night barely qualify as football. In recent tournaments England have qualified with such ease anyway but San Marino are/were officially the world's worst team and looked it.

Qualifying is now friendlies by another name but with far worse, even pathetic opposition. At least premium friendlies and the nations league match you against quality, England being able to qualify with their eyes closed says everything.

World cup qualifiers like last night barely qualify as football. In recent tournaments England have qualified with such ease anyway but San Marino are/were officially the world's worst team and looked it.

Qualifying is now friendlies by another name but with far worse, even pathetic opposition. At least premium friendlies and the nations league match you against quality, England being able to qualify with their eyes closed says everything.
Agree mate. Think its about time they introduced promotion and relegation in the groups, very similar to what they are doing inthe Nations League. It would make the top tier groups more competitive and give the smaller nations some incentive.

Agree mate. Think its about time they introduced promotion and relegation in the groups, very similar to what they are doing inthe Nations League. It would make the top tier groups more competitive and give the smaller nations some incentive.

Agree, although you should have the best teams at the finals. There shouldn't be a case were Gibraltar qualify for the world cup instead of Germany.

The minnows should play each other with a promotion and relegation system to higher groups, but qualifying only possible from the higher tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back