Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest mate hes a decent player, hes not a Left Winger and its laughable that hes played there, considering we had 3 other players on the bench today that could have done that job much better.

The Clev shouldnt be our LW going forward, either Martinez will wake up and play Geri, Mirallas or Niase there or buy somebody like Jargenmenko in the summer or even the Swiss lad we signed.

Its unfair on The Clev, he doesnt pick himself LW.

He looks much better for us on the left...i didnt think he could play there but @LinekersLegs brought up thst he played there before and one or two more things.

For me its a case of him being a vastly superior player to Osman and a good utility player to fill in while we sign more Wunderkinds

What do people think of Tom Cleverley becoming our 2nd choice right-back behind Seamus Coleman? My thinking is, he has good passing, good crossing, lacks pace but can tackle being a midfielder and it fits in with our footballing philosophy....

Of all the players i would choose to be played at right back it would be Besic. Has all the attributes to play there, failing that McCarthy.

However its worth noting that a young steven gerrard was played by them at RB at first so who knows...

Of all the players i would choose to be played at right back it would be Besic. Has all the attributes to play there, failing that McCarthy.

However its worth noting that a young steven gerrard was played by them at RB at first so who knows...

We have to try and give Besic more chances. He could be our Roy Keane

Why are we even talking about playing players out of position now anyway. We have money now, buy a proper back up in the summer

Preferably without the gratuitous violence.
A hard, but fair tackle is one thing, but Keane was a latent psychopath at times.

Winning mentality, competitiveness is what I meant...we seem to forget the point is to win sometimes!! If Cleverley had a role of 2nd choice right-back from the bench Martinez could stop using Stones there too. I much prefer the thought of Cleverley at rb than Stones, or as @Zatara said, Besic

Winning mentality, competitiveness is what I meant...we seem to forget the point is to win sometimes!! If Cleverley had a role of 2nd choice right-back from the bench Martinez could stop using Stones there too. I much prefer the thought of Cleverley at rb than Stones, or as @Zatara said, Besic
Cleverley isn't a right back and we aren't skint anymore mate.

Go and buy back up rb in the summer,no more need for square pegs in round holes

I like him.

Unfortunately I think Martinez will start him every game despite him not being suited to some types of games. When we're playing the likes of West Brom at home Deulofeu would be a much better option.

I like him.

Unfortunately I think Martinez will start him every game despite him not being suited to some types of games. When we're playing the likes of West Brom at home Deulofeu would be a much better option.

My thinking as well. He gives us great balance on the left, all season we have looked vulnerable with the likes of Kone playing their. However against weaker teams I'd unleash Del on the left with Lennon on the right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back