Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Besic and barkley taken off McCarthy absolute disgrace, lennon and cleverly chasing shadow's. Let the cleverly agendas begin.

The way he takes corners depresses me.

Doesn't depress me as much as seeing him play for Everton in general, but depressing regardless.

Just about everyone was incredulous at the signing of Paul Power, yet he went on to become Player of the Season... in much the same that Gareth Barry might be seen this season.

I was very much in the "no way should we sign the Clev" but he's winning me over with his solid if unspectacular performances.

As Khal has said, if two or three grafting, play anywhere guys were good enough for HK in winning two championships, an FA Cup and the CWC, then Tom Clev is perfect for that role under El Bob.

Blockhead pretty much sums up my thoughts on Clev, wasn't too sure about his signing at first but I have been impressed with him when he has played is a grafter who gets on with the game without putting the spotlight on himself, and I'm sure injury free and with a run in the team he will prove to be consistent.
Power is a good example he came to us later in his career and had been round the block but was unpretentious, rolled his sleeves up and put in regular solid performances.
Personally I think we have picked up a bargain here and I hope he goes on to great things with us.

Of all the players i would choose to be played at right back it would be Besic. Has all the attributes to play there, failing that McCarthy.

However its worth noting that a young steven gerrard was played by them at RB at first so who knows...

We look more balanced with Clev in the side on the left.

Isn't suitable for every game but in the big ones and away from home, it works well.

I like him.

Unfortunately I think Martinez will start him every game despite him not being suited to some types of games. When we're playing the likes of West Brom at home Deulofeu would be a much better option.

He gave you the full exhibition today lads.

Utterly woeful player, coward and only sings when we're winning. Never performs well unless the whole side does.

He's like a jarg James McCarthy.

He gave you the full exhibition today lads.

Utterly woeful player, coward and only sings when we're winning. Never performs well unless the whole side does.

He's like a jarg James McCarthy.
you really are a joke mate, why don't you mention barkley or McCarthy and besic who were a disgrace today. coward.

Unfair to single him out in such a pathetic team performance. But we are never going to be successful while we give starting places to absolute gash like him.

Not singling him out mate, they were all by and large über tosh .

But how he stays on week after week is incredible. Genuinely up there with the most woeful excuses for a footballer I've seen play for us since football was invented in 1992.

Runs about a bit usually but he barely even bothered with that today.

We'd have got more value for money, bearing in mind wages and signing-contract fee, from having a franchise of his TC23 'brand' in the Club shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back