Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's your view fine, I look forward to you posting in the ross barkely thread when you mention hiding

Not really, Ross was poor today but has been excellent this season.

Cleverley has been poor largely his entire career and about 95% (with a +/ - 3% tolerance) of his Everton career.

that's your view fine, I look forward to you posting in the ross barkely thread when you mention hiding

I wouldn't say barkley hides, but yea I agree that he tends to compound bad performances rather than improve them.

But the simple response to this barkley/cleverely debate you're trying to start is that barkley is in a whole different league to cleverely. He is a class act. Tom is not.

This is the problem though isn't it? Far too many in our squad like this who get overrated that will never take us to where we all want.

I don't think anyone's overrating him.

He is what he is and every squad/team needs that type of player.

Anybody signalling Clevs out today is farsical. It was our so called 'star' players (Barks, Besic, Mori, Rom etc.) who failed to produce anything near their ability today

He's an experienced player who has played both internationally and was a part of a United side that won the title at a canter.

On a free transfer that's called good business.

If he was called Tomas Cleverlino and we'd have paid £15mil for him you'd be dead chuffed

This was also the James Milner argument pre-Liverpool.

Feel free to have a search though the vaults for confirmation.

If we'd paid £1.5m for Snivelley , let alone £15m, it'd have been a bigger robbery than Hatton Gardens

Not really, Ross was poor today but has been excellent this season.

Cleverley has been poor largely his entire career and about 95% (with a +/ - 3% tolerance) of his Everton career.

He has not been poor.

He's been a good free signing who has contributed in both defence and attack and offers a good option across the midfield.

Your hate campaign against him is tedious.

I linked an article from their local press a few pages back where this is irrefutably countered.

Also, Benteke scored 23 goals that season and was quite clearly at that point their best player.

I'm afraid your keenness to throw personal abuse at me has clouded your judgment in what a poor player Cleverley really is.

your agenda against a solid squad player while you let the other underperforming players a free ride because your scared of the backlash upset's me.

I wouldn't say barkley hides, but yea I agree that he tends to compound bad performances rather than improve them.

But the simple response to this barkley/cleverely debate you're trying to start is that barkley is in a whole different league to cleverely. He is a class act. Tom is not.

And it is totally fair to say Snivelley hides behind opposition players and doesn't want the ball in difficult positions.

Cowardly stuff.

I don't think anyone's overrating him.

He is what he is and every squad/team needs that type of player.

Anybody signalling Clevs out today is farsical. It was our so called 'star' players (Barks, Besic, Mori, Rom etc.) who failed to produce anything near their ability today
And I repeat my point, we have too many of this type in the squad and few game changers. Yet we play a skillful, Barcelona type game style.

This was also the James Milner argument pre-Liverpool.

Feel free to have a search though the vaults for confirmation.

If we'd paid £1.5m for Snivelley , let alone £15m, it'd have been a bigger robbery than Hatton Gardens

That wasn't my point.

My point was that for some reason fans would rather us go out and buy a foreign player with no PL experience for large sums of money, but moan when we pick up an equally capable player who has bags of experience and came through under one of the best managers in history (and got a lot of game time) for free.

He has not been poor.

He's been a good free signing who has contributed in both defence and attack and offers a good option across the midfield.

Your hate campaign against him is tedious.

He certainly has contributed in defence, I'll agree with you there.

In particular, our defence at home.

Of course they are different players, but Barkley played his part in the worst midfield performance this year, yet you are only on here giving it to cleverly.

And I repeat my point, we have too many of this type in the squad and few game changers. Yet we play a skillful, Barcelona type game style.

I don't think we play a Barca style at all. Get that out of your head.

We have game changers in the squad.

Lukaku, Barkley, Del, Lennon, Kev (when he can be arsed), Coleman

They're all inconsistent

He's an experienced player who has played both internationally and was a part of a United side that won the title at a canter.

On a free transfer that's called good business.

If he was called Tomas Cleverlino and we'd have paid £15mil for him you'd be dead chuffed

Except he's not being used as a squad player, he's virtually one of the first names on the sheet. And roberto has decided on playing this absurd one winger formation every home game to fit him in. A formation which is working so well we've lost twice as many home games as we've won....

I can't be arsed looking up but I'd hazard a guess that tom's home starts : home wins ratio is not pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back