Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't my point.

My point was that for some reason fans would rather us go out and buy a foreign player with no PL experience for large sums of money, but moan when we pick up an equally capable player who has bags of experience and came through under one of the best managers in history (and got a lot of game time) for free.

And was lambasted as the weak link in their side and was carried by vastly better players - not hugely dissimilar to now.

He's just a very, very poor player who offers little or nothing. Not good enough for Villa, and certainly not good enough for us.

Except he's not being used as a squad player, he's virtually one of the first names on the sheet. And roberto has decided on playing this absurd one winger formation every home game to fit him in. A formation which is working so well we've lost twice as many home games as we've won....

I can't be arsed looking up but I'd hazard a guess that tom's home starts : home wins ratio is not pretty.

When have we ever played with two wingers in the last 10 years pal...

We have always played with a link up player one side and a natural wide man on the other. Under Moyes more two link up players.

I don't think we play a Barca style at all. Get that out of your head.

We have game changers in the squad.

Lukaku, Barkley, Del, Lennon, Kev (when he can be arsed), Coleman

They're all inconsistent

Again, I think we can all agree that Snivelley Tom is consistent.

When have we ever played with two wingers in the last 10 years pal...

We have always played with a link up player one side and a natural wide man on the other. Under Moyes more two link up players.

Yes, but unfortunately one of them was Pienaar, and now we have Snivelley.

Of course they are different players, but Barkley played his part in the worst midfield performance this year, yet you are only on here giving it to cleverly.

Barkley was poor today. But his role there today was supporting lukaku.

Tom, along with mccarthy and besic, who was definitely the worst player by some distance, were there to win tackles, to hassle the oppositon, and to pass the ball FORWARD.

He couldn't win a tackle even when he was massive favourite, he couldn't keep up trying to track his runners, and he couldn't find a man when he looked up. But he's like this every home game. The amount of challenges we bottled out of was totally pathetic and the players should be docked their match fees.

OK not dross. But average.
Has no job being on the left for me.

Who else would you have played there today?

He had a very good game vs Chelsea and RM obviously wanted to keep it as similar as he could to last week.

We didn't press high enough and it was too easy for Arsenal. McCarthy and Besic were both dreadful, as was Barks.

Del was turd when he came on

Barkley was poor today. But his role there today was supporting lukaku.

Tom, along with mccarthy and besic, who was definitely the worst player by some distance, were there to win tackles, to hassle the oppositon, and to pass the ball FORWARD.

He couldn't win a tackle even when he was massive favourite, he couldn't keep up trying to track his runners, and he couldn't find a man when he looked up. But he's like this every home game. The amount of challenges we bottled out of was totally pathetic and the players should be docked their match fees.

Cleverley made more forward passes than any of our other players today mate.

I'm not saying he was good, but the hate campaign against him is ridiculous

why at home , did he not shut out Chelsea's right side last week with bainsey.

As I've said, life imitating art. The avatar for Martinez on the pitch.

He was awful all game and carried by Lukaku. Both standing on the shoulders of a giant.

Four assists and what, one goal, two goals this season?

If Kone's new deal is anything to go by Clenevilley must be due a bumper pay rise.

Except he's not being used as a squad player, he's virtually one of the first names on the sheet. And roberto has decided on playing this absurd one winger formation every home game to fit him in. A formation which is working so well we've lost twice as many home games as we've won....

I can't be arsed looking up but I'd hazard a guess that tom's home starts : home wins ratio is not pretty.
tell me a left sided player who would improve us at home. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back