Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
When have we ever played with two wingers in the last 10 years pal...

We have always played with a link up player one side and a natural wide man on the other. Under Moyes more two link up players.

Cleverley doesn't link play at all tho. Not remotely close to the likes of say a pienaar, who I think you were referring to. Yes some players are more natural widemen than others, like lennon etc. But cleverley playing out wide is just absurd. He can't link, and he can't help a fullback.

Cleverley made more forward passes than any of our other players today mate.

I'm not saying he was good, but the hate campaign against him is ridiculous

Interesting that Neville also used to hold the stat for most forward passes.

Like Snivelley though, we can also see that he is mince. Not prime mince, but Iceland super saver five years out of date Quorn mince

Cleverley doesn't link play at all tho. Not remotely close to the likes of say a pienaar, who I think you were referring to. Yes some players are more natural widemen than others, like lennon etc. But cleverley playing out wide is just absurd. He can't link, and he can't help a fullback.
His job is to cover bainsey who is our main attacking outlet, to stop us getting *exploited* like we have for the last 2 seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
who comes in for him. ?

Lennon on the left

Or Del

Our new £13.5m player

3 at the back and Baines further forward

Ostosh

Barkley for a bit when he is having a tough game

Literally so many options that would be better than the perpetually awful Cleverley

His job is to cover bainsey who is our main attacking outlet, to stop us getting arse raped like we have for the last 2 seasons.

Not doing much of a job then, when you think we've got the worst home record in Europe apart from Troyes, who just lost 9-0

Barkley was poor today. But his role there today was supporting lukaku.

Tom, along with mccarthy and besic, who was definitely the worst player by some distance, were there to win tackles, to hassle the oppositon, and to pass the ball FORWARD.

He couldn't win a tackle even when he was massive favourite, he couldn't keep up trying to track his runners, and he couldn't find a man when he looked up. But he's like this every home game. The amount of challenges we bottled out of was totally pathetic and the players should be docked their match fees.
I find this post hard to comprehend due to the fact that he spent the whole game chasing people towards our goal after misplaced passes from funes mori ,besic and mcCarthy

Who else would you have played there today?

He had a very good game vs Chelsea and RM obviously wanted to keep it as similar as he could to last week.

We didn't press high enough and it was too easy for Arsenal. McCarthy and Besic were both dreadful, as was Barks.

Del was turd when he came on
He's ruined his season as well it seems.

tell me a left sided player who would improve us at home. ?

As I already said, we should be looking to play a formation with both lennon and deleufeu. A midfield 3 with barkley the most advanced would seem the natural formation.

But then I'm not paid millions to work this out. I'm a fan who can see clearly how gash the current system we play at home is. And how ineffective cleverley is on the left, but more also just in general too.

Lennon on the left

Or Del

Our new £13.5m player

3 at the back and Baines further forward

Ostosh

Barkley for a bit when he is having a tough game

Literally so many options that would be better than the perpetually awful Cleverley

Right, well we went 3 at the back and it was rubbish (second half) so it leaves switching lennon playing on a side of the pitch he has never played in his career ,to accommodate Gerry.

As I already said, we should be looking to play a formation with both lennon and deleufeu. A midfield 3 with barkley the most advanced would seem the natural formation.

But then I'm not paid millions to work this out. I'm a fan who can see clearly how gash the current system we play at home is. And how ineffective cleverley is on the left, but more also just in general too.
You can't come on here and pretend to understand football with no solution to the problem

who comes in for him. ?

From our current players? For the position on the left wing? There's Mirallas, Niasse, even Pienaar is still on the books, or we could try Lennon there. There's options even now. And then there's summer window.

We can sell him for a good profit this summer, and it would be a great business from the club.

Right, well we went 3 at the back and it was rubbish (second half) so it leaves switching lennon playing on a side of the pitch he has never played in his career ,to accommodate Gerry.

Have a quick look at where Lennon cuts in from for his goal against West Ham and come back and talk to us about understanding footy, friend.

Especially when you rate Snivelley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back