Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not singling him out mate, they were all by and large über tosh .

But how he stays on week after week is incredible. Genuinely up there with the most woeful excuses for a footballer I've seen play for us since football was invented in 1992.

Runs about a bit usually but he barely even bothered with that today.

We'd have got more value for money, bearing in mind wages and signing-contract fee, from having a franchise of his TC23 'brand' in the Club shop
Kev has gone. It'll stop hurting soon

It will be difficult, but hopefully we can convince a Championship side to buy him off us for about 2.5 million in the summer. I can't see anyone offering that much though, as it's about twice his value.

We find a system where we can play both deleuofeu and lennon (or mirallas depending on his attitude).

But more specifically we shouldn't be signing rejects from elsewhere like him in the first place.
okay tell me the system. Where you can fit a defensive liability into the most open team at home in the premiership.

We find a system where we can play both deleuofeu and lennon (or mirallas depending on his attitude).

But more specifically we shouldn't be signing rejects from elsewhere like him in the first place.

Couldn't agree more.

Excuses for other players today - not many - but none for a player as consistently bad as this fraud.

He's basically Martinez on the pitch - @sageyefc spot on with the Moyes / Neville comparison.

Castigated while at Villa last season, yet expected to improve our squad. Like expecting to upgrade your car by fitting poorer second hand parts to it that no one wanted.

Don't resort to insults
Couldn't agree more.

Excuses for other players today - not many - but none for a player as consistently bad as this fraud.

He's basically Martinez on the pitch - @sageyefc spot on with the Moyes / Neville comparison.

Castigated while at Villa last season, yet expected to improve our squad. Like expecting to upgrade your car by fitting poorer second hand parts to it that no one wanted.
Castigated you clown he was their best player.

Let's get one thing straight about Cleverley, he is not an exciting playmaker, you all crave , but today he didn't give the ball away all game, (besic) or hide all game ( barkley) or be total gash ( McCarthy) but lets all say how complete gash he is yet give the others a free ride because they are popular on here and your scared to get vaulted.

All the players you mention had bad games. But cleverely has bad games most weeks.

I could not be less arsed about being vaulted lol I will say what I think about players. I slated mccarthy earlier too if that's what you're into. I see a player who is extremely limited in ability, and who hides when the game is not going well. And added to that the manager seems to play a completely awful, and failing formation at home every week just to accomodate him. The 4231-1 winger system.

Unfair to single him out in such a pathetic team performance. But we are never going to be successful while we give starting places to absolute gash like him.

he's far from gash

never gonna be a world beater but solid and reliable.

Barkley, Besic, Del, Jags, Mori, Baines, Coleman, Rom, McCarthy were all much worse today

All the players you mention had bad games. But cleverely has bad games most weeks.

I could not be less arsed about being vaulted lol I will say what I think about players. I slated mccarthy earlier too if that's what you're into. I see a player who is extremely limited in ability, and who hides when the game is not going well. And added to that the manager seems to play a completely awful, and failing formation at home every week just to accomodate him. The 4231-1 winger system.
that's your view fine, I look forward to you posting in the ross barkely thread when you mention hiding

he's far from gash

never gonna be a world beater but solid and reliable.

Barkley, Besic, Del, Jags, Mori, Baines, Coleman, Rom, McCarthy were all much worse today
This is the problem though isn't it? Far too many in our squad like this who get overrated that will never take us to where we all want.

Castigated you clown he was their best player.

I linked an article from their local press a few pages back where this is irrefutably countered.

Also, Benteke scored 23 goals that season and was quite clearly at that point their best player.

I'm afraid your keenness to throw personal abuse at me has clouded your judgment in what a poor player Cleverley really is.

He's an experienced player who has played both internationally and was a part of a United side that won the title at a canter.

On a free transfer that's called good business.

If he was called Tomas Cleverlino and we'd have paid £15mil for him you'd be dead chuffed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back