Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err bit selective to just miss out the cup games isn't it mate, especially as the two wins we had in those home games that he started were against prem opposition in City and Chelsea?

Not disagreeing that Tom played poorly today but in all fairness a very small sample size to draw conclusions from - doubt the Kev or Kone figures are any better unfortunately.

Yea that's fair. The stats were scathing of our home form in general more than anything.

He just frustrates the life out of me. Away from home he occasionally contributes but I just dread seeing his name starting, especially at home. He's mediocre, and well short of what we need. Not his fault, but we need much better.

I don't think he's anything more than someone who should come off the bench but we won considerably more games with Phil Neville in the team than out. Ratio, not quantity. And Phil Neville was awful.
you are all basically blaming a player for being average ,when the club have had a massive problem left side for 2 seasons. The guy cost £0 and none of you can put forward a valid argument for someone starting on our left side.

you are all basically blaming a player for being average ,when the club have had a massive problem left side for 2 seasons. The guy cost £0 and none of you can put forward a valid argument for someone starting on our left side.
Why not Lennon? He'd played there before with Spurs and today as well. I know it's revolutionary but maybe we could play with, I dunno, TWO wingers?

And btw, he cost considerably more than £0. His signing fee was over £4m

Yea that's fair. The stats were scathing of our home form in general more than anything.

He just frustrates the life out of me. Away from home he occasionally contributes but I just dread seeing his name starting, especially at home. He's mediocre, and well short of what we need. Not his fault, but we need much better.
I disagree with your assessment of Cleverley but share completely you utter frustration with our home league form.

Everton can really do a number on a persons emotions can't they - apparently someone sang this at the match which kinda sums up my feelings lol
Allez Allez Allez oh We're Everton FC
They'll be the death of me"

Why not Lennon? He'd played there before with Spurs and today as well. I know it's revolutionary but maybe we could play with, I dunno, TWO wingers?

And btw, he cost considerably more than £0. His signing fee was over £4m
2 wingers , we just got our arse handed to us and you want Gerry in this side. Get back on your playstation

He shouldn't be playing left mid. Always a massive hole and no runner on the left when he plays.

If he plays it needs to be in the middle.

A bizarre performance today. Half the time he went and stood on Baines' toes and the other half he went missing whenever we needed him to show down the line. Just strange. And poor.

anyone who want's tom pushed inside deserves one word answers

You honestly think he is a left winger???

giphy.gif

He leaves a hole on the left, never a willing runner. Attacking yeah I agree, but down the centre.
Not been impressed with him in the deeper central role when he played it earlier in the season, his positional play was poor, weak in the challenge as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back