Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherwood is an odd manager but one thing he does do is instill confidence in player and he likes his teams to play at a fast tempo, the difference in Tom when he took over Villa was clear.

Good point about the United midfield, he also had a very nasty ankle injury which Utd fans say it wrecked his confidence tackling for quite a while which probably lead to other confidence issues.

That tackle that injured him was a absoluitely horrible cynical one as well by Davies

Suppose at united it didn't help him being tagged with the label from an early age as Scholes successor, hard to live up to that amount of pressure of being the heir to arguably the most talented English player of the past 20 years

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...l-go-wrong-for-former-Man-Utd-midfielder.html

This is an interesting article from last year on him if your interested, not a bad read and quite informative

....thought he played well, nice and tidy in possession and busy when the opposition had it. Interesting contrast to McCarthy, Cleverley popping up in that line ahead of their back four whereas McCarthy might have protected our back line a bit from their quick breaks.

By rights he should keep his place. He was excellent.

Would send a bad sign (again) putting McCarthy straight back in when he's fit.

Expect James to go straight back in then ijjy ;)

I think if McCarthy is fit Saturday, Tom will be moved out left with Baines also starting at left back. I don't see much else changing team wise if everyone is fit.

I'm going to start one of them crap twitter accounts, like "have we been sold yet?" which just say yes or no after each game.

Going to call it "Did Cleverley do a job?"

Coz that's all he does. A 90% player if ever there was one. Not good enough for our starting XI.

And that my friends is the simple way you handle a vaulting.

Well in Gra lid.
You get splinters sitting on the fence. How boring would the forum be if we all did?

Never want a single player to ever do badly for us, even if it meant I was vindicated. Will be made up if he makes me look a tit tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back