Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Early days, but we look a better, more well balanced team with him not McCarthy.

I'd keep him in instead of McCarthy at the minute. Actually looks to play the ball forward.

I think him and McCarthy could be better for the team than Barry mccarthy...

Use McCarthy as the Dm with cleverlyand Barkley in front of him

@Dithering Dougie this must be killing you mate. How can a team possibly line up without Barry and McCarthy in it? It just couldn't happen. We'd be better playing with nine. Seems this sort of crazy thinking of rotating your midfield is spreading. Premier league managers will be doing it soon, oh wait they are.

he was doing things today, first half especially that we've been wanting to see from mccarthy since hes been here, passing and MOVING, everytime he makes a pass he runs into space and offers himself for the return, he was a big reason why we made so many chances in the first half, how the F didnt we win that today, everton all over

Use McCarthy as the Dm with cleverlyand Barkley in front of him

going all moyes like, if you think we concede a lot from corners now, we'd literally have 3 taller players in the team to defend them (the two CBs whoever they are, Lukaku and kone). I jest though, Unfortunately our team is really small and we'll just keep conceding from corners with or without Barry.

Cleverley in my opinion is better than McCarthy, who is really good when we're on the back foot but doesn't offer loads when it comes to incisive passing, moving the ball quickly and attacking play, which cleverley does. It doesn't surprise me the esteem McCarthy is held in though as he runs a lot and throws himself in front of shots, but we just don't need two very defensive midfielders. I know it hasn't led to goals but we've made a lot more chances with cleverley in there next to barry, and it's not his fault they haven't been put away

going all moyes like, if you think we concede a lot from corners now, we'd literally have 3 taller players in the team to defend them (the two CBs whoever they are, Lukaku and kone). I jest though, Unfortunately our team is really small and we'll just keep conceding from corners with or without Barry.

Cleverley in my opinion is better than McCarthy, who is really good when we're on the back foot but doesn't offer loads when it comes to incisive passing, moving the ball quickly and attacking play, which cleverley does. It doesn't surprise me the esteem McCarthy is held in though as he runs a lot and throws himself in front of shots, but we just don't need two very defensive midfielders. I know it hasn't led to goals but we've made a lot more chances with cleverley in there next to barry, and it's not his fault they haven't been put away
I agree up to a point, but for most of the second half today we needed someone doing McCarthy's defensive job much more than we needed Clev doing an attacking version of McCarthy's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back