Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopeful long ball that rom did really well to make anything out of, not major at all, he's okay, I just resent his favourite status with martinez, i think it lacks objectivity when he's in competition wit besic and gibson

Literally the new Neville

Awaiting him coming out saying '11th is great'

hopeful long ball that rom did really well to make anything out of, not major at all, he's okay, I just resent his favourite status with martinez, i think it lacks objectivity when he's in competition wit besic and gibson
He's made several good long range passes to Rom, they did require a degree of control by the striker but most 40 yards passes do. Isn't that a useful skill to have in the team rather than relying on us being able to outpass the opposition? You make it sound more like an accident that he found him than a specific tactic.

I agree that I'd have played Besic rather than Cleverley at times but think it a bit unfair to take out your resentment on Martinez's favoritism on Tom. Not convinced that Gibson would have been a better replacement especially as a partner to Barry although would have liked to have seen a Besic/Gibson experiment at some point.

He's made several good long range passes to Rom, they did require a degree of control by the striker but most 40 yards passes do. Isn't that a useful skill to have in the team rather than relying on us being able to outpass the opposition? You make it sound more like an accident that he found him than a specific tactic.

I agree that I'd have played Besic rather than Cleverley at times but think it a bit unfair to take out your resentment on Martinez's favoritism on Tom. Not convinced that Gibson would have been a better replacement especially as a partner to Barry although would have liked to have seen a Besic/Gibson experiment at some point.
favoritism builds resentment, it's a natural reaction of those who want a fair playing field, and his long ball was simply a long ball, if something good came out of it, thats down to rom

Lashed in some good long passes today. Would like to see him on the left in front of Baines, they worked well together in preseason

but if he was that far forward, he wouldn't be able to play the long balls he has done in the last couple of games. I myself, also think he's better further forward, but can work well in a middle 3. Anyway, we have a heck of a lot of options and versatility in that middle, besic proved that even more so today.

i think hopeful is harsh, there was one man up there and he aimed for that one man and got it spot on. That's pinpoint, not hopeful.

Hopeful?
If Deu had done it would you be thinking the same?

favoritism builds resentment, it's a natural reaction of those who want a fair playing field, and his long ball was simply a long ball, if something good came out of it, thats down to rom
But surely the resentment should be targeted correctly - not much Tom can do about it if he is being picked other than play his best.

It was a 40+ yard ball that pinged at a lovely height for Rom to take down on his chest - hardly a hit and hope punt. And the one against Stoke was similar. Would you honestly say the same thing if it was either Besic or Gibson had provided it?

But surely the resentment should be targeted correctly - not much Tom can do about it if he is being picked other than play his best.

It was a 40+ yard ball that pinged at a lovely height for Rom to take down on his chest - hardly a hit and hope punt. And the one against Stoke was similar. Would you honestly say the same thing if it was either Besic or Gibson had provided it?
I've already addressed this point above, it was a hopeful ball that doesn't require much skill to play, and resentment is very rarely rational

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back