Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hides from the ball too much for my liking and when he gets it he does nothing much with it most of the time. These past few passes have been great but honestly, we should be doing better. Really thought we missed Pienaar today, especially in the first half when we made hard work of stringing together ever 4 passes.

I dreaded him coming because I knew he'd become a starter despite clearly not being good enough. I mean, he's a good player, don't get me wrong, but just not good enough to be one of our key players, and never will be.

I really have a soft spot for midfielders who can look like they're doing very little until you realise they have been quietly getting on with the stuff that allows everyone else to play. Then when they feel like others aren't doing enough they'll pop up with a killer pass or shot as if to say, 'see, I can do all that too so stop posing and do your job'. Agree that anyone who can't see what a great bit of business this has been just hates being wrong.

Always wants to pass forward, can tell he's reluctant to play it back or sideways. And when he does play it forward whether its long or short he does it to great effect, take the Stoke & Spurs games for example.

Dont get the hate or dislike of Tom, think a lot of people and being extremely harsh.

Strange how people opinions differ so much i really like him thought he was one of our best players yesterday

Not really mate, just a simple right and wrong polarisation

Anyone who thought Clnevilleley was one of our better players is wrong.

I put the hate down to a small band on Phil Neville haters who decided before he joined that they weren't going to like him on principle.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with his performances/skills/haircut.

Hides from the ball too much for my liking and when he gets it he does nothing much with it most of the time. These past few passes have been great but honestly, we should be doing better. Really thought we missed Pienaar today, especially in the first half when we made hard work of stringing together ever 4 passes.
Three games, three long balls, all in the same general direction, all creating clear chances or contributing to goals. How can one belittle this to "he's lucky"?

If we accept will never have world class players at every position on the pitch then for those 2 or 3 that aren't top quality the likes of Cleverley are acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back