Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an unusual place the internet is.
"Look, look, I can show this one how wrong he is!!"

Firstly, I'm more than happy for him to prove me wrong as I have said.
Why are people so desperate to prove they are all knowledgable and perfect online, and that if you disagree then you must be wrong and an idiot? I'm sure I could surf the vaults and find some utter tripe of your own.

Secondly, nothing I've said isn't true. He isn't a master at any particular skill. He is a good levels of ability of all attributes needed for a premier league player, apart from his energy levels which are excellent.
Thirdly, he has had 2 good, not outstanding, games this week against NEWCASTLE and STOKE. Both of which were piss poor opposition, if we're honest. This is pretty much Tom's maximum performance level, not his norm. Form is temporary, class (or actual level) is permanent.

I stand by what I say....he is a squad player and nothing more.

One swalllow a summer does not make

Nice to see someone's got their head screwed on and doesn't start going over the top after we hit a bit of form.

Went hiding in the biggest game of the season vs City

Has suddenly found a bit of form against Newcastle (one of the leagues worst teams, for 30 mins) and Stoke (who have won 1 of their last 7 league games)

Looked about at the right level vs Carlisle

Unreal levels of knee jerking in here.

Not really, had decent first half in last two matches, nothing particularly amazing.

overall he's still been largely meh and a couple of decent halfs doesn't override that.
It reminds me a bit of Naismith when he was settling in. I hope he has a bit more to give once he finds his groove. Will be a good squad player but nothing amazing. Has he ever shown greatness?

It reminds me a bit of Naismith when he was settling in. I hope he has a bit more to give once he finds his groove. Will be a good squad player but nothing amazing. Has he ever shown greatness?

Odd bursts of form set against a wider body of work (Tim Howard's phrase) of unmitigated awfulness?

Excellent point

What an unusual place the internet is.
"Look, look, I can show this one how wrong he is!!"

Firstly, I'm more than happy for him to prove me wrong as I have said.
Why are people so desperate to prove they are all knowledgable and perfect online, and that if you disagree then you must be wrong and an idiot? I'm sure I could surf the vaults and find some utter tripe of your own.

Secondly, nothing I've said isn't true. He isn't a master at any particular skill. He is a good levels of ability of all attributes needed for a premier league player, apart from his energy levels which are excellent.
Thirdly, he has had 2 good, not outstanding, games this week against NEWCASTLE and STOKE. Both of which were piss poor opposition, if we're honest. This is pretty much Tom's maximum performance level, not his norm. Form is temporary, class (or actual level) is permanent.

I stand by what I say....he is a squad player and nothing more.

One swalllow a summer does not make
You claim to have taken special note of him, and you come up with this load of tosh.
Whatever you do, don't study horses or you will get skint
and there only two l,s in swallow

Is that right?

He's had 3 assists in the last 2 games.

Just to check here - you aren't counting him winning a penalty are you? As that only counts in Fantasy Football leagues.

So -

He assisted Lennon vs Newcastle

He assisted Coleman vs Stoke

Just to check here - you aren't counting him winning a penalty are you? As that only counts in Fantasy Football leagues.
It counts in some stats, like the ones used by this site
http://www.transfermarkt.com/tom-cleverley/leistungsdaten/spieler/73484

but not in others like this, Opta iirc
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/69956/Show/Tom-Cleverley

Personally think it valid as the goal wouldn't happen without the pen, would credit Lennon with an assist Barkley's first vs Newcastle for example although Barkley both assisting and scoring the third is probably why it isn't usually reflected in the stats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back