Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one got agitated just pointed out he wasn't bang average as you claimed and then attempted to back up by using constant references to his value on whatever computer game you've been on.
We can always improve and if your point is that then why not make that as a very general but pretty self obvious point.
But I think again you're being disingenuous and your point really is that he's in Super Kev's place in the team and you'll never forgive him

OK mate, you didn't get agitated at all. I don't think it was me who used the words bang average, but I absolutely maintain that only mid table clubs and below would be interested in signing him, and that he would only be sold for a low figure if he was to be sold.

OK mate, you didn't get agitated at all. I don't think it was me who used the words bang average, but I absolutely maintain that only mid table clubs and below would be interested in signing him, and that he would only be sold for a low figure if he was to be sold.
Yeah apologies if it wasn't, but it was all merging into one big negative mess.
But again why assume people are agitated if they disagree with you on things. I'm not a fan of people reinterpreting and making up things people have said to win points, but trust me I have to be calm and patient with people who do much worse so I really think this is down to your own attitude to people pointing something out you don't like.

Also can't argue with your speculation except to say that at his lowest ebb and with one year on his contract his value was believed to be 8 million. And it was his wages that put people off. Don't see that value going down.
What did Arteta go for. Generally six to ten mill. Mediocre? It always depends who wants you and where you fit in.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...bid-for-manchester-united-player-9698691.html

I agree with this, but I also believe that there is a need to bring in a left sided player that is more than a decent squad player, so that the decent squad player remains a decent squad player, and doesn't become our first choice for that position.

If we want to advance beyond mid table, then we need to be looking at players of a higher standard than Tom Cleverley.

Indeed, we could do with a top skilful attacking left winger. However, the Clevs a useful utility player.

To be honest I don't mind what Bobby's saying, even though he's gone too far, as he always does ha. There's a player inside Tom and I think after years of scapegoating and abuse a bit of confidence is starting to see it come through. If he keeps on putting in those tackles and graft then Martinez can call him the best player in all of the Galaxy. I'd prefer that than Van Gaals droning and not knowing the names of his players, look at the confidence United have these days, there fans were doing cartwheels for scoring two goals in one half haha.

Am I allowed to say I pretty much agree with Bobby re Cleverley?

I mean he's gone overboard but Cleverley has really proved a lot of us (including myself to an extent) wrong.

I didn't mind the signing at all and thought he would be a useful squad player. But he's proved an excellent addition and i'd have him in our strongest XI (on paper if everybody was fit) in that role on the left.

I get what Martinez is saying about Cleverley but he's done his standard thing of going over the top. For us he has become really important and is priceless seeing as he offers us something we didn't have last season. I didn't think he'd make the impact he has but I'm not complaining!

For me Cleverley is a great squad player who can play in a number of positions. He has always done a job for us, getting him on a free was a good bit of business. Barry isn't going to last forever and Besic gets injured a lot, good cover in my opinion

I get what Martinez is saying about Cleverley but he's done his standard thing of going over the top. For us he has become really important and is priceless seeing as he offers us something we didn't have last season. I didn't think he'd make the impact he has but I'm not complaining!

Had to laugh at this.
Quite rightly saying that Martinez comments were 'over the top' before stating that Cleverly has become 'priceless' for us
I think Cleverly was a great signing, but I doubt we would be turning away any silly bids like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back