Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I think you do not have a better English player'.

English players indisputably better than him at Everton:

Ross Barkley
John Stones
Phil Jagielka
Gareth Barry
Leighton Baines
Aaron Lennon (thanks @oldblue for the prompt)

English players probably better than him at Everton:

Leon Osman
Brendan Galloway

English players as good as him at Everton:

Tony Hibbert
Tyias Browning

It's so obvious that even @oldblue could see it

Priceless and no better English player after 30 mins against Newcastle and probably a little bit longer vs Stoke.

Now, the actual best English player at Everton scored a cracking goal and worked hard all match vs City in the away leg. The faux 'better English player' went utterly missing, gave away free kicks in dangerous areas and took a stupid booking for a foul that screamed 'yep, not good enough'.

Here's the Orly prediction in full (usually right).

- will play well vs West Brom, and the Cleverley Creamers (previously the Osman Ovationers but, well....) will go into overdrive.

- will go utterly missing vs Liverpool and he'll have been injured / used out of position / been the victim of bad refereeing decisions / put off by Pete Price's lizard men in the crowd

Last edited:
Cleverly is a very smart footballer, goes unrecognised how much he allows Barkley to play. He does the defensive work his LM position brings, but also plays narrow to put that extra body in the middle and links up the play that means Barkley can be higher if needed and not put a strain on the side.

Never going to be a world beater, would be happier if he played alongside McCarthy in a middle 2 and a more attacking outlet on the left for when we play the bottom sides.

Good squad player, needed one since Pienaar got injured and Osman got slower

Ross Barkley
John Stones
Phil Jagielka
Gareth Barry
Leighton Baines

Leon Osman
Brendan Galloway

Tony Hibbert
Tyias Browning

You nearly made a decent point there. Lots of good English players at the club. Seven of them including Cleverley with caps.
You forgot Garbutt. He's better than Clevs too. And McAleny.
Not Lennon though. Don't like him. Boo to him. Bring super Kev in. Play him on both wings and make Ross pass to him every time

You nearly made a decent point there. Lots of good English players at the club. Seven of them including Cleverley with caps.
You forgot Garbutt. He's better than Clevs too. And McAleny.
Not Lennon though. Don't like him. Boo to him. Bring super Kev in. Play him on both wings and make Ross pass to him every time

Ah @oldblue good point re Lennon, who I am a huge fan of (as seen by my advocating of his inclusion when results were poor).

I will make that amendment now. Another one better than Clenevilley.

Good to see you getting onside and seeing the error of your acolyte ways.

A balanced view is always the right one to take. And on balance of his performances, Cleverley is chob.

Cleverly is a very smart footballer, goes unrecognised how much he allows Barkley to play. He does the defensive work his LM position brings, but also plays narrow to put that extra body in the middle and links up the play that means Barkley can be higher if needed and not put a strain on the side.

Never going to be a world beater, would be happier if he played alongside McCarthy in a middle 2 and a more attacking outlet on the left for when we play the bottom sides.

Good squad player, needed one since Pienaar got injured and Osman got slower
Agree with this. Kind of like the idea of him tucking in more centrally even though he's done well on the left. Think rather than rotating him depending on whether it's decent side we're up against I'd hope Martinez could change it up if a team are proving too difficult to play through.
Him and Lennon give us great options but think Del might be the player who cracks defences when it doesn't look possible.

Ah @oldblue good point re Lennon, who I am a huge fan of (as seen by my advocating of his inclusion when results were poor).

I will make that amendment now. Another one better than Clenevilley.

Good to see you getting onside and seeing the error of your acolyte ways.

A balanced view is always the right one to take. And on balance of his performances, Cleverley is chob.
Chob was fantastic before his injuries

Ross Barkley
John Stones
Phil Jagielka
Gareth Barry
Leighton Baines
Aaron Lennon (thanks @oldblue for the prompt)

Leon Osman
Brendan Galloway

Tony Hibbert
Tyias Browning

Priceless and no better English player after 30 mins against Newcastle and probably a little bit longer vs Stoke.

Now, the actual best English player at Everton scored a cracking goal and worked hard all match vs City in the away leg. The faux 'better English player' went utterly missing, gave away free kicks in dangerous areas and took a stupid booking for a foul that screamed 'yep, not good enough'.

Here's the Orly prediction in full (usually right).

- will play well vs West Brom, and the Cleverley Creamers (previously the Osman Ovationers but, well....) will go into overdrive.

- will go utterly missing vs Liverpool and he'll have been injured / used out of position / been the victim of bad refereeing decisions / put off by Pete Price's lizard men in the crowd

Can you up the odds and promise to think before posting in future if you're wrong.

On another point though, my main issue with the anti Clev grems yesterday was that you were consistently making stuff up to disagree with. So just out of interest where is the quote you started your post from? You can see surely why someone might be on bs alert when you have three or four people doing the same nonsense

Can you up the odds and promise to think before posting in future if you're wrong.

On another point though, my main issue with the anti Clev grems yesterday was that you were consistently making stuff up to disagree with. So just out of interest where is the quote you started your post from? You can see surely why someone might be on bs alert when you have three or four people doing the same nonsense

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cant-put-price-tom-cleverley-10854077

“I know Tom really well and I don’t think you can have a better English player with the ability and the experience and the tough lessons that he has had to go through'.

and I love this corker as well

“For me he is one of the most sensational free transfers you are going to see in Premier League history.”

Right up there with Sol Campbell and Michael Ballack.

Consistently making stuff up?

This is his best season ever for attacking stats - with three assists. Again, he has played in teams with players such as Lukaku, Barkley, Van Persie and Rooney to get those stats. Three assists.

You've got absolutely nothing to back him up apart from subjective opinion. So less of the bs stuff, eh mate.

Chob was fantastic before his injuries

Yep, so fantastic he was

- loathed by United fans and released on a free by the club
- battled over by us (due to a manager who was as oddly infatuated with him as he was with McGeady) and Villa for his signature. Weird that City / Spurs / Arsenal / other big clubs other than us weren't interested. Can't think why.
- subject of a petition by neutral supporters for his exclusion from England selection. Harsh and an indictment of modern supporters, yes. A reflection that people were annoyed that he was being picked on reputation rather than talent and form? Yes, see Henderson, J. as another prime exhibit of tosh getting picked.
- awful for us until very recently.

You've got absolutely nothing.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cant-put-price-tom-cleverley-10854077

and I love this corker as well

Right up there with Sol Campbell and Michael Ballack.

Consistently making stuff up?

This is his best season ever for attacking stats - with three assists. Again, he has played in teams with players such as Lukaku, Barkley, Van Persie and Rooney to get those stats. Three assists.

You've got absolutely nothing to back him up apart from subjective opinion. So less of the bs stuff, eh mate.
Okay well I don't think Martinez is actually posting on here so why not say you think it's over the top as many of his fans have.
But again if you read his full quote it's clearly qualified and doesn't read even remotely close to what you've said. So, yes, bs, in my judgment.
If you've got a point you'd use your own eyes and not continually misquote and use stats that confirm your bias without the slightest understanding of context

Yep, so fantastic he was

- loathed by United fans and released on a free by the club
- battled over by us (due to a manager who was as oddly infatuated with him as he was with McGeady) and Villa for his signature. Weird that City / Spurs / Arsenal / other big clubs other than us weren't interested. Can't think why.
- subject of a petition by neutral supporters for his exclusion from England selection. Harsh and an indictment of modern supporters, yes. A reflection that people were annoyed that he was being picked on reputation rather than talent and form? Yes, see Henderson, J. as another prime exhibit of tosh getting picked.
- awful for us until very recently.

You've got absolutely nothing.
So confirmation that you made your mind up based on hype and now won't shift.
I was brought up a Catholic so get the need for original sin but it'll hurt you in the long term and stop you enjoying your life.

Embarrassment all round this morning for McNulty and Prentice. The pair of them hawking around that story earlier about Martinez saying Cleverley was one of the most sensational players in Premier League history. Prentice wrote the lie, McNulty who also hates Martinez as much as the plagiariser Prentice repeating it on Twitter. Now O'Keeffe has corrected the quote as him actually having said "best free transfer in the Premier League".

Pair of unspeakable hacks.

Fabricating stories. The club should be right onto the Echo forcing departures of their staff or at the very least blanket banning them. McNulty for his part is the disgusting slug who left his slime trail at Goodison whilst at the Echo looking to make trouble for Joe Royle and petitioning for his sacking.

There's no place for 'journalism' like there's. They need to sack themselves off never mind trying to hound another Everton manager through the exit door.

Lol @ the people who slated before he'd even kicked a ball clinging on to any ounce of negativity they can find.

"Bureeeezz pyar average m8 doesn't do anything special mid table player at best".

At worst he's a very good squad player.

:oops:

upload_2016-2-8_11-7-36.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back