Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly, Davies has been in the profesional game for 2 seasons, Schneiderlin about 10, been to different clubs in different countrys

Definately can compare. Both play the same position, both are paid senior wages for the same job role.

A half-arsed Schneiderlin is better than Davies. If you're comparing a striker to a defender then ofcourse they cannot be compared but they're both seniors, both play the same position.

You can argue that Davies may go on to be better than Schneiderlin (he wont, because he's crap), but the comparison can be made fairly.

Sorry for long thread, but saw this and thought it hit the nail on the head perfectly, why is there so much desperation to label a 20 year old kid? Why are we so keen for him to be "ready now" or "get rid". The bit about Kenny, Lookman, DCL, Holgate all being older than him yet they are all seen as squad "prospects" is a great example.

Definately can compare. Both play the same position, both are paid senior wages for the same job role.

A half-arsed Schneiderlin is better than Davies. If you're comparing a striker to a defender then ofcourse they cannot be compared but they're both seniors, both play the same position.

You can argue that Davies may go on to be better than Schneiderlin (he wont, because he's crap), but the comparison can be made fairly.

What an absolute tunnel minded idiot you sound, likes of you are the reason this place has gone to the dogs, absolute no semblence of even bothering to look at facts, or bother to have a discussion, you have your narrow minded opinion and that wont change, you wouldnt be happy if he played well as you have already made your decision

Sorry for long thread, but saw this and thought it hit the nail on the head perfectly, why is there so much desperation to label a 20 year old kid? Why are we so keen for him to be "ready now" or "get rid". The bit about Kenny, Lookman, DCL, Holgate all being older than him yet they are all seen as squad "prospects" is a great example.

If Davies showed glimpses of positive or what he can do then I think people would happily wait. All four of those listed have shown in part what they are capable, hence why they are seen as prospects because they show sign of improvement. Davies hasn't shown any sign of improvement for a long time and he isn't particular set as any type of midfielder.

He isn't a B2b, he isnt a holding mid, he isn't an attacking mid. He isn't dominant, he isnt a great tackler, very lightweight.

What an absolute tunnel minded idiot you sound, likes of you are the reason this place has gone to the dogs, absolute no semblence of even bothering to look at facts, or bother to have a discussion, you have your narrow minded opinion and that wont change, you wouldnt be happy if he played well as you have already made your decision

You're the one who has suddenly made it personal, who's the narrow minded one again? Don't be such an arse because I don't agree with you.

Tom Davies has played enough for us to be able to make comparisons against other midfielders. Personally, I think he's crap, he's done very little in an Everton shirt as of yet.

Could say the same for Lookman as to what he has done in a blue shirt but he at least shows signs of what he could maybe do in the future. Davies doesn't.

If Davies showed glimpses of positive or what he can do then I think people would happily wait. All four of those listed have shown in part what they are capable, hence why they are seen as prospects because they show sign of improvement. Davies hasn't shown any sign of improvement for a long time and he isn't particular set as any type of midfielder.

He isn't a B2b, he isnt a holding mid, he isn't an attacking mid. He isn't dominant, he isnt a great tackler, very lightweight.

Your telling me those 4 have shown more in an everton shirt than Davies?

Your telling me those 4 have shown more in an everton shirt than Davies?

Where did I say that?

Kenny contributed massively when Coleman was out and showed potential of what he could do in the future.
I'm not a massive fan of DCL but again, at least he shows what he could maybe do, even if I dont think he will progress.
Lookman as stated.
Holgate, very similar to DCL. I'm not a massive fan but he could progress.

Comparing Davies to Schneiderlin? They play different positions for a start. One has given everything in his short Everton career to get into the team under multiple different managers, the other has given absolutely nothing and is still half arseing round the pitch even now yet because it’s not quite as bad as his no show last season has some eating out the palm of his hand.

Not sure multifaceted games are your thing Brah. Try OXO or something.

At 20, Schneiderlin was dragging Southampton up from The Championship.

Read back what you have just written. How do you think Tom would get on for Middlesbrough this year in the Championship Bruh?

Where did I say that?

Kenny contributed massively when Coleman was out and showed potential of what he could do in the future.
I'm not a massive fan of DCL but again, at least he shows what he could maybe do, even if I dont think he will progress.
Lookman as stated.
Holgate, very similar to DCL. I'm not a massive fan but he could progress.

Cant even be bothered here, i think the irony of your responses are lost on you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back